Itchy

320i ? What ?

I was talking about the 325i & 328i (200bhp), 325i Sports Evolution (240bhp), M3 (280bhp), M3 Evo (320bhp).

The 320i has a measly 150bhp, and isn't a match for the 200bhp Vauxhall

6-pot.
Reply to
Nom

Me too.

Me too - as above, there are any number of factory-produced E36 3-Series with 200bhp and over.

Reply to
Nom

E36 BMWs : 325i & 328i (200bhp), 325i Sports Evolution (240bhp), M3 (280bhp), M3 Evo (320bhp).

Nope - although I can probably find some in your ass if you'd like me to ?

Nope.

Er, either of those, funnily enough ! Or you can have a none-Evo M3 lump making 280bhp.

ROFL

Or you could just buy a none-underpowered BMW in the first place ! See above for a list.

Engine transplants ? What ?

BMW already put proper engines in their cars ! See above for a list !

Engine transplants (to and from completely different manufacturers at that !), and their associated insurance costs afterwards, are most certainly not cheap !!!!!!

Reply to
Nom

Yeah, and then there's the 325i and 328i, both making about 200bhp as standard.

Reply to
Nom

Cos you're on about sticking a 200bhp Vauxhall engine in a BMW !

There are ALREADY 200bhp BMWs from the factory ! And there are also BMWs with lots more than 200bhp from the factory !

Eh ?

200bhp Carlton lump vs 200bhp 328i lump seems like a fair comparison to me ?
Reply to
Nom

Who cares ? None of that has any relevence to anything !

Reply to
Nom

53.
Reply to
Nom

You're missing the point here - 3.0 Carlton lump into a BMW isn't exactly trivial !

AND, it's gonna cost a packet to both convert and insure, and the end result won't be as good as the standard 328i !

What on earth is the point ?

Reply to
Nom

Sure, you said that. Now do it and keep the bills.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Oooh, any idea how much they'd want for it?

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

He did have, and it had the steering wheel where it was originally designed to go (often known in this country as the wrong side).

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:Ge7dd.42$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

If I could find that out, I'd be buying it myself.

Reply to
Pete M

which 3 series has 319 bhp then?

Reply to
dojj

and because the cossie is a smaller engine the weight distribution is better also :p and if you wanted to get 600 ponies out of one of them you can it may cost you the thick end of £30k, but you'd have it and it would be fairly reliable if you needed it to be

Reply to
dojj

the e36 m3.

Reply to
REMUS

The M3 (advertised in Belgium as having 321 HP, your air must be thinner ;-) )

Called around here the cousin of the BMW 850. Both very nice and expensif cars, both depreciating faster than the proverbial falling brick.

Very good and solid car however but heavy; crazy prices for tires, brake-pads and maintenance (at BMW-dealer that is).

The engine is sought after and can be shoehorned in the M3 E30 (hard but possible) whereas in the latest model of M3 the M5-engine goes. Advised to have suitcases full of money however but big V8-power in 3-series is nice... I am becoming an American :-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

In article , snipped-for-privacy@removethis.hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I wasn't talking cars there, just pretty much life in general.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@removethis.hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Oh I know, and I know of the good work of the tuftuf club.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

dont get bitter now :)

Reply to
Theo

I think its stupid to put a vaux engine into a bmw, i was only discussing the engine, I would much rather leave it in the carlton.

Reply to
Theo