Jason Plato - legend

Back of the grid to finish 2nd in the last BTCC race today at Knockhill. I don't know how it looked on TV but seeing him scythe through that pack was sensational.

Masterclass.

Not so good - waiting an hour and a bloody half to get out of the damn place, but worth waiting for that last race of the day.

Reply to
tomScotland

You appear to have spelled "Bell" as "leg", HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hah, that was confirmed in the bar at Brands Hatch a couple of years back...

Having said that, he knows how to drive a racing car.

I was a bit annoyed at the footage on TV, they usually have a camera showing the exit of that crest (Weir Chicane???) and the cars always look brilling flying over there, changing direction but they'd put the camera somewhere else this year and the effect was lost.

Reply to
Abo

Yes, he's a full time driver and amateur human being. Most of them are. Trulli is OK, and I suspect Hamilton may be but I haven't met him.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Go on...

Reply to
tomScotland

Oxymoron alert!! Had to have lessons from Tiff for RWD. Q: Can a FWD car really be a racing car? A: Only when the proper cars have 80kg+ of ballast or are are barred completely by event being restricted to one model.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Plato was given some award or other and got very pissed. Pickups were racing at Brands that weekend and one of my mates from Tony Mumford's team (also pissed) dared to pick up Plato's trophy. Plato's reaction was well over the top and a fracas resulted...

Reply to
Abo