just wondering, out of the regs who has.....

see, do a google search mate and see, there's a vid of one somewhere. i had a clip with the speedo clearly over 160mph on a track

Reply to
Vamp

Hmmmm, no it isn't. (c: With judicious application of throttle and clutch abuse it may manage to pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Westfield.

Reply to
Homer

It'll rain...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Today: 0-62 in ~7s, 155mph Tues next: 0-62 in 5.3, 172mph

(if I buy it)

Alistair J Murray

My tuned Pug Speedfight used to pop wheelies off the throttle :) When i got rid of it, the clutch was making some odd noises, and the engine had a serious death rattle....

Reply to
DanTXD

0-60 - 9.2

Top Speed - 126

BRING IT :D Probly one of the few cars here that needs 3rd gear for 60.

Reply to
DanTXD

exactly makes it more exciting :)

Reply to
Vamp

nice! what cars? i really should pay more attention on here :)

Reply to
Vamp

*raises hand* 56 mph at redline in 2nd, it will push on to 60 though. 0-60 8.9 top speed 140

or maybe a little faster

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

vamp - go MSN...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Really? Gosh, i'd have expected a big Volvo to have rather lengthly gearing, the 405 would pull about 65 in 2nd, i reckon the 206 limiter is somewhere round 56...

Those the original book figures ;) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

No, no, he said car.

Reply to
Steve Firth
[...]

Today: 0-62 in ~7s, 155mph BMW E38 740i Tues next: 0-62 in 5.3, 172mph Alpina B10 V8

This one, if it checks out:

Alistair J Murray

OOooooo....s'quite nice that.

Reply to
DanTXD
[...]

Yes, it is rather.

It's going to be tricky trading up next time :)

Alistair J Murray

I like Alpinas, which is weird considering I intensely dislike 95% of BMWs

As for the figures on the stuff I'm lumbered with

Capri - 10.3 to 60, and IIRC 110 mph Merc - 9.1 to 60 and 137 mph

Quickest I've owned was the Cossie; 3.76 to 60, 183 at Bruntingthorpe but was rapidly running out of tarmac

Most fun?

Mk1 Escort Mexico with 180 bhp Guy Croft Fiat Twin Cam in.

Reply to
Pete M

Snapper did say wet track you know.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

MT5's were great, didn't look like a real trail bike, didn't ride like a trailbike and didn't have enough go to even be useful arround town.

But you just have to love them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just remember, Alpina don't buy BMW's and tune them. They buy a shell, and several big boxes of bits to make the rest from BMW, then put all the right bits modified to their specifications together properly, so you not only get performance, you also get the quality that BMW are supposed to put in, in the first place.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar