Last Night I...

Got a few laps of Knockhill in the passenger seat of an Elise which has, I believe, a supercharged Civic Type R engine and a rather handy driver who knew how to make it go quite fast.

I couldn't talk for a few minutes afterwards - I just grinned. It was awesome.

Other highlights of yesterday included a run in a rather tidy Zetec engined Locost, a lap in the pace car with someone who works there and me and the Mazda managing to shake off a 31 year old Morgan.

The Trackday was a small affair with about 30 cars and took place over a couple of hours. Attendance included a Humidor[1] of Morgans, and a motley collection of hot hatches, a few Elises, an Evo, TR7 V8, Locost, some sort of recent Ferarri, a MurchyLargo, Ultima GTR, TVR, Sunbeam Tiger, Talbot Sunbeam and others. There were some nice sights, smells and sounds from the pit wall for when I was waiting for the brakes cool. Loved it.

I also may have agreed to enter an Autotest on Sunday.

Wish me luck.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I was there Saturday and Sunday. Mostly older vehicles than that, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i keep meaning to go with the guy at work to a track day and get a ride in his Juno before he sells it or in his Global with new engine. part of me doesn't fancy a passenger ride in the rain though at the moment...

Reply to
Vamp

Can I fill in with a bit more detail ?

The car Douglas was in was driven by a retired mercenary helicopter pilot. Yes it does have a Supercharged Type R engine in it. It's a blink motorsport eRise

The bloke in question is a well known and fully certified mentalist, but a Gentleman.

He has a nice gaff and every year he invites a few mates around for a bit of a party and a drive.
I, on the other hand, was a complete pussy. When Tut (the Elise owner) offered me a passenger ride, I politely declined...

I've seen him driving :-)

P.S. I have witnesses about the autotest.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Was that the yellow LHD Elise that's got the supercharged Honda engine? He's also got a Blue S1 Elise with a Honda engine, I've seen him out playing with it a couple of times.

Reply to
Homer

Yes indeed, that's the man.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Well done on finding the world's smallest photographs (c:

...Then you pointed at naive little old me, and despite knowing what I know now, I thank you for it.

He was lapping me every 3 or 4 laps when I was in the Mazda I reckon.

I think being overtaken on the home straight by both that Elise and the Murcielago simultaneously, watching the Lambo rather unsubtly spit flames at me and the subsequent tussle between the 2 to be first into the first corner will be one of my lasting memories from that day. That and the funny squeaky noise that tyres make on the concrete kerbs.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It appears I am incapable of providing a straightforward link to a pic.

Blah blah blah etc......

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Looks like a right old knees up. At least some of which seems to take place around Braemar. I used to live in Aberdeen and there are some smashing roads up that way. I always guessed it was so that the Royal entourage could maintain high speeds on their way to Balmoral, but maybe it's so Mr Tut and friends can enjoy themselves.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Old Deer, I'm told.

That's Old Deer, not Old Dear....