Southend last night

Went to southend on me own last night as the imoc MR2 people couldn't be arsed to meet up even though they said they'd come.

anyway found some MR2 people on the sea front to chat to and about a billion scooby's but the biggest surprise was a few American style hot rods!

they looked and sounded well good but were driving past sadly, if they were parked up i'd of gone and had a look. saw a couple of pontiacs down there looking very cool and a rather nice and meaty sounding Capri with extreamly fat tyres.

my fave was the street legal mustang drag racer LOL had HUGE! tyres and sounded mint.

thing that made me smile was the coppers had a lil fenced pen thing set up and were pulling the odd car into it and qestioning the drivers ect. my car went past the copper but the Nova behind me got pulled in probably coz of his silly number plate but the mustang got let past hehe.

past the pen later on and it was all kevved motors in there with gay sun strips and dumb number plates.

one thing that's confused me since coming back was why does a de-badged Punto need 4 exhausts?

anyway was fun and there were some mint motors down there as well as some laughable rubbish, next time i'll take a camera :)

Reply to
Vamp

Done properly they are nice, done badly they are better than the majority of Kevved cars.

The rodders in the UK and US invented cruising, and it was mobile drive by round a curcuit of the town.

After trouble with the police, and complaints from locals about causing traffic chaos, cruisers had to find carparks. Now it has gone full circle, and cruisers have to keep on the move, becuase of complaints about them using carparks.

Funnily enough they sound best when a V8 is in motion :)

Probably a pro streeter with tubbed rear end, narrowed rear axle, stripped interior, and a cage?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

If you are interested.

MeatballTurbo