minitest - GS450h

At some point I may ask to swap with one of his for a week or two and see what MPG I can get out of it.

Reply to
Depresion

I suspect mid 40s real world and driving it nromally. Remember to apply the LPG factor and double that for total hurt to pocket. i.e. feels like fueling a petrol powered car at 80mpg.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Seriously so much better. Seriously. More like a jap copy of a Phaeton, but has the benefit of free congestion charge, reduced road tax, and loads more room than a pious.

Reply to
Elder

*looks* being the operative word.

Obviously, it's not a Pisshat competitor, given that it's roughly double the price, ffs.

Absolutely pointless car, though - expensive to buy new and a liability on the used market. All to save a couple of quid in road tax.

Reply to
SteveH

But the 1 series is ugly unless you go for all the M Sport bits and the mahoosive pimp rims. Even then it's not that cool... The 3 looks ok in anything but pov spec tiny wheels mode.

Reply to
DanB

Yea, just become a bit broken like me. Then road tax and congestion charge is free. I just worry they'll introduce rules regarding 'taking the piss' with car choice....

Reply to
DanB

1 series is very cheap and nasty inside in comparison. Certainly phase 1 models are, anyway.

Shame, 'cos I've been incredibly tempted by 175bhp, RWD and an auto box.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd have the one over the 520, cos the 5 is a bit big for my liking.

Reply to
DanB

Have you looked at the 1 series, though?

Reply to
SteveH

Would there be enough physical space for the LPG gubbins under the bonnet of a Prius?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

he saves a lot in fuel too though. His previous Avensis 2.4 used to get between 9 and 14 the way he drove it, and 25-35 the way his missus did.

He gets about 28 out of the 450, so the hybrid drive really does make a difference to him.

The scared the salesman on the test drive by getting it sideways on the roundabout out of the showroom before the traction caught it.

Reply to
Elder

I quite like them. I feel so dirty and ashamed :(

And the 3 Series Coup=E9 that seems to have appeared; I think is=20 absolutely fabulous. Not sure if it's new or not (quick scan of Google=20 implies 2006?), but I'd never seen it before and all of a sudden I'm=20 seeing quite a few of them.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Not in the looks department.

"ugly" cars are often quite agressively attractive, but the GS is so polite and inoffensive it just straddles the line between horribly bland and ugly and sits there looking at you and waiting for permission as to which one it should be.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Yep, it's not that bad under there I've seen a couple with LPG about.

Reply to
Depresion

Under bonnet requirements are not huge. In my Golf, the injectors and wiring have to fit inside a void in the inlet manifold where it wraps over the cam cover. Other than that, it's just the vapouriser, gas valve and ECU. No big deal at all.

Fitting the filler in a sensible position is more of an issue.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I want a white 1 series coupe with an M engine in it. I reckon Alpina or someone must be working on just such a thing. A nice 4 litre V8 in a RWD car that's vaguely small.

Reply to
Doki

Hmmm, not sure about the 1-coupe. Looks out of proportion, like a noddy car.

The 3-door is growing on me, 'cos it looks a bit like an M-coupe.

Reply to
SteveH

How about the Hartge H1, that's a 5l V8 by the way

Tim S Kemp

Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder; the current 3-Series looks a bit ungainly from some angles and they're *everywhere* so I was hoping the shape would have grown on me.

Like Lordy, though, the 3-Series coupe is gorgeous. We have a 320Cd at the office.

The 1-Series has grown on me.

Reply to
DervMan

You find Lordy gorgeous? I'll reserve judgement till I at least see a picture of him.

Reply to
Douglas Payne