Car rally

Drove the Avanti to the Cairo, GA Car Rally today. We got about half way there and having to stop quik the brakes went out. Thankfully, my grandad has enough experience that he reacted quickly and we went in the turning lane then across the highway going he wrong way. The Avani survived without a scratch. Being it has a dual master cylinder, we eased it on to the edge of the town where the rally was. Called a friend and he picked us up and we went on to the show. Later, we went back to the Avanti (which we left at a convenience store) and were expecting something really bad wrong when we pulled the wheel off to check out the problem. Turns out, the bleeder screw had worked it's way loose. The worst part about fixing it was removing the wheel. (disk brakes). All is fine and we had a great time. There is an Auto Museum in Cairo and they have FOUR 28-30 Prez's. Took a few pics and will put them up tomorrow. Matthew

P.S. Also got an offer on my dump truck. Guy says he trade me cash plus a 53 Stude P/U, with my choice of any engine, as long as it's a HEMI. Hmm....

Reply to
mbstude

Glad to find out the problem was minor and you made it back safe. Great show but like all of 'em it was over in the blink of an eye...wish they lasted longer... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

The first time brakes fail it's an AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!.

This second time it's an, "Oh shit, not this again."

Karl

PS: (Toyota made some great hemis. I suggest you be more specific!)

Karl

Reply to
midlant

The first time brakes fail it's an AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!.

This second time it's an, "Oh shit, not this again."

Karl

PS: (Toyota made some great hemis. I suggest you be more specific!)

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Reply to
mbstude

He can say one thing, getting it rebuilt is another... I'm $3000 into my 331 and probably have another $1500 to go before it's in the car. And this is just for a little hotter than stock rebuild.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud