Mr Firth to the Jaguar phone, please

What about

or
Granted, not a 166, but not selespeed either. Maybe you could push to the mileage of this one
Ticks all the boxes except a bit leggy and a lot cheaper.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

See my reply a couple of post up.

80k miles, but only =A38k, black, black leather 3.0 v6 Sportronic Lusso 05= =20 Reg.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

What about

or

2nd link is dead here, but that first one - that looks PERFECT. Surely, even though it's a 156, it's only £5k - that'd just be paid off in a year then the rest would be straight in the back pocket.
Reply to
DanB

See my reply. Something incredibly iffy about that car's history.

Reply to
SteveH

Surely that's cheap to the point of being suspiciously cheap? 12k miles on something nearly 2 years old, and "part service history" ???

Reply to
AstraVanMann

And a pre-facelift model, which were discontinued in 2002/3....

Reply to
SteveH

It isn't pretty - it looks like it's trying to be pretty. Think: Pontefract of an evening with the skanks wearing make up.

Reply to
DervMan

No, you're thinking Audi TT now.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Besides, the 159 was never meant to be 'pretty', brutal and agressive, yes, but never pretty.

Reply to
SteveH

I don't think it's that either, it's just uglier than the car it replaced, which is a shame.

Reply to
DanB

Tick the right box on the HFM? page and you get 4-way electrical lumbar support.

Reply to
Grant

Indeed - £475 just to put comfy seats in it. Then find a foot-rest for your clutch foot (especially important in an auto) and add on cruise.

I'll have spent £800 on the 'HFM' page quite easily - and this is before I've added an iPod kit.

Sod that.

Reply to
SteveH

The seats in mine are an £800 option on the normal 197 (standard on the R27). You should find some less pikey seats.

Reply to
DanB

Heh, these are just the 'sports' seats, not even electric S-Line seats....

Reply to
SteveH

There was a serious point in there somewhere too hehe, upgrades seats are always megabucks, £475 seems bloody reasonable!

Reply to
DanB

Well, either / or, it still looks like it's trying to be pretty. Alfa Romeo missed the spot with it looking brutal or aggressive too. It looks like an Alfa Romeo at least.

The 156 had some really, really nice features and even though most magazines reckoned the then-current BMW 3-series or Audi A4 were better bets, they conceded that the 156 had some really strong points.

Reply to
DervMan

Admissions like this make me crack up whenever you accuse Dervy of being a boring, anally retentive geek.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In defence of SteveH, if he's spending all day in the car, comfy, supportive seats are IMO one of the most important things when buying a motor. I really liked the Cherokee, but the seats were shit

I get your point though

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

I've had a bad back for years, so I choose cars by the quality of their seats and in particular the lumbar support. Which is why I kept on the

4xFord. The best seats for long distance driving that I've encountered, the Jag seats are as good, but the low down driving position and the associated limbo to get into place are a negative. Much easier to step up into the vehicle.
Reply to
Steve Firth

And cup holders. And the covers over it. Or 3p on the tax bill. Or something.

Reply to
DervMan