This weekend I was mostly...

...testing one of the 9-3s's modifications, yup the tow bar, by lugging a baby caravan of only about 1,100 kg...

Unfortunately, I was not permitted to do anything remotely entertaining. And apologies to everybody I held up on whatever roads I was on around the Louth area. Those gradients around Louth *are* steep!

I forget where we were discussing the relative gradient, or otherwise, south of Louth...

Anybody care to guess the 9-3's indicated mpg whilst towing? :-p

Reply to
DervMan

ooooh mid 30's :)

Reply to
Rob

Not a bad guess, but... but... not quite...

Reply to
DervMan

ok i get the feeling you would be enjoying the dervy goodness and not hoofing it 38mpg?

Reply to
Rob

Oooooooooooh I'm going to give you that.

Reply to
DervMan

"that said our fleet is an A4 avant and a brace of Octavias

tbh you can jump from one to the other and it feels exactly the same. maybe the damped grab handles from the Audi have that extra touch of quality but not an extra couple of K's worth damn my badge snob of a wife.

oh and if anyones wondering the 2 octys are workhorses (taxi's) and no have never broken down or been anything other than 100% relaible.

Reply to
Rob

Kinhell. It gets worse.

Reply to
Doki

No gearbox failures yet then??

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Diesel / Caravan.

The real axis of evil...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Correct. I was hoping for some major soot when towing but, alas, none of that either... :(

Reply to
DervMan

pfft

you need to get it modded dervy. whats the standard spec?

the octys are stock but the A4 is chipped with a rather big FMIC waiting to be fitted as soon as i take a cutter to the front bumper

one of the hack drivers i know uses a dervy vectra sri remapped uprated turbo and a few other tweaks under the bonnet. now that would satisfy your urge for the black reek :)

Reply to
Rob

Well, my Brother's TDi did 200k and My petrol GLX has done nearly 104 now. Boxes are/were fine in both.

Reply to
Elder

Is that legal?

Reply to
SteveH

Any moment now, Clarkson and May are going to appear, drag you from York to Leeds, and shout "oi, Hamster, this will cheer you up" as they prepare drive Monster truck with a GMC van body painted in the A-team colours over your evil combination (diesel/caravan).

Reply to
Elder

115 bhp @ 4,300 rpm, 192 lbsft @ 1,900 - 2,500 rpm. Currently running a claimed 140 / 233 at the same engine speeds.

Just the odd puff would do. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Cheer everybody up that!

Reply to
DervMan

Providing the baby is in the car, yes...

Reply to
DervMan