New car...

205/45s i think
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Colway CM3. V-rated.

£32.24 each.
Reply to
SteveH

1/2 cut and a weekend with an engine hoist it is then. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Not bad at all. Will decide when we pick the car up tomorrow. But personally I like the idea of a completely standard car as they're getting quite rare!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Shhhhhh, her indoors will hear :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

posting JAE pics at the mo, will link to them later, pay close attention to the corolla with the turbo'd 4AGE engine :)

Reply to
Vamp

What on earth for ? They look great !

???

?typ=R-106013&dsco=10

EW !

Reply to
Nom

Seconded !

Reply to
Nom

I don't see why you think 16" rubber affects the price ? All tyres are less than £50 unless they're a wierdo size !

Reply to
Nom

Shite! The MR2 will only have decent tyres put on it. You go on about spending money on a decent car not a s**te one and then you go and save a few pennies on essential safety items like tyres. Crazy.

But they're what the car was designed with. I dont want wide tyres ruining the way Toyota designed the handling. 185s will allow the car to handle much more progressively and ultimately be much more entertaining. The previous owner totally agreed with me.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

But they'll look shit :)

Reply to
DanTXD

£30 for decent 185/60/14 rubber. £60 for decent 205/45/16 rubber. That'll be double the price then. Not to mention the handling issues I mentioned in a previous post. oh and they scrape the arches on full lock.
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Says the man with the French tin box. HA!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes, that should tell you something, if EVEN I think it will look shit ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

But you clearly have no taste, so it doesnt matter. Keep you modern cars with huge wheels, and I'll keep my retro car just how it should be!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Can't you sell the current alloys and buy some similar 5 spokes that take

185s?

What pcd/centre bore is the mk1?

Reply to
REMUS

Retro is subjective and can still look pants, 16" is not huge, imo the size and style of the current alloys suit it. However it is your car, and your

15s may suit the car better, but they won't fill the arches up in an aesthetically pleasing fashion imo unless you lower it a bit.
Reply to
REMUS

Me too, although of course I'm not following my own advice (Ford use 155 or

165 width tyres on the Ka, we're using 185s).

Who gives a toss, though? The Ka looks pretty stupid with 16s or greater rims on, it looks like somebody has gone to Acme Generic Modding Shop and bought Kit One.

Reply to
DervMan

Aha but now we're aware of handling issues...

That's a great wheel design. Will those rims take narrower tyres?

Reply to
DervMan

This is pretty much a first for me, but : mmm, not bad. Could suit a 75 quite well.

Phew, back to form again. Yuck. But then I think an awful lot of alloys look shit..

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George