New car...

Hello.

Why not simply stick with the original wheels on the car? If the manufacturer thought different wheels would be better, then it would have included them as standard. It is boy racers like yourself that give motorists, and human beings on the whole for that matter, a very bad name, and should immediately cease to exist. Cars similar to yours can be found on the barryboys website, and are a laughing stock. Do us all a favour and get rid of your rusty alphas, and go and get a really good car that'll last the distance like a Chevrolet Matiz or a Kia Rio. Now they are examples of engineering excellence.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yes, but the Ka looks pretty stupid full stop, so obviously no one gives a toss in that situation.

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm assuming that your reply is in jest.

Anyone who states a Rio or Matiz is engineering excellence is obviously a comedian, and as for the comment on the transformation to "boy racer" by the exchanging of wheels... well, lets just hope that he hasnt replaced the speakers/head unit! That would turn you into a pure neo-nazi doof-doof brigade thug!*

*(note this explicit sarcasm warning)

my apologies if your post wasnt serious... I'm not too familiar with your british banter ;)

Reply to
emc

Heh - I certainly don't. That's part of the fun...

It's turning into a real reverse-psychology situation at the office. Everybody else is swanning about in what could be badgeless and nameless "family cars," like the Rover 75, Mondeo, BMW 3-Serie and more Audis than I can shake a fist at.

Then I turn up in me lowered, loud-exhaust and green (not black or silver) Ka with funky headlights.

People genuinely don't know what to make of it. There's none of this "oh it's a Golf TDI, he must be a junior" or "it's a 330i, must be a good salesperson" crap, heh.

:-)

Reply to
DervMan

Thank you. I've been saying for ages that I wanted to break into that field of work.

You're obviously not a regular around these parts. There's a regular poster on here that keeps on inundating us with that sort of drivel, under a variety of different posting names, and then there's me. I just talk a lot of s**te, and am a bit funny. In both senses of the word. Some would say in just one sense.....

Ah - American? Explains it. I reckon we should run compulsory irony/sarcasm crash courses for all American tourists, and insist on doing a BA in Irony and Sarcasm studies before granting them residency.

Reply to
AstraVanMan
[...]

That's *scary*.

Alistair J Murray

Well they still wouldnt be standard would they! I had a set of 5 spokes on my other one which I could have swapped over but I didnt want to

No idea 4x100 with 54.1 centre i think

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Er, the owner of the car.

But that's exactly the point - the MR2 doesn't look shit with 16" rims - it looks really rather nice

It WILL look shit if it reverts to chatty stock rims !

I think those aftermarket jobbies suit it perfectly. Don't you agree ?

Reply to
Nom

Hehehehe :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I did before he pointed out they scrub the arches...

Reply to
DanTXD

Aye, that really is a rather large issue !

Reply to
Nom

Oh ok... I understand now, its all good :)

Most definitely not! A bit further south, and in the opposite direction (well, unless you keep going the same direction, then... well... nevermind). I've always thought of the Americans as the kings of sarcasm, since most of the humour in the US sit-coms we get here down under is either of that type or the "stating-the-obvious-then-play-canned-laughter" type.

Reply to
EMC

Aussie then. And yes, you can get there by going past America, but it takes an age - last time I flew to Oz that way it took 40 hours, door to door. And that involved missing all but about 2 hours of Christmas day thanks to the date line - d'oh!

How does that make them the kings of sarcasm - the fact that some of their comedy is, and some of it (Friends and the like) is just boring predicatable s**te?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hmmm... I've always wanted to live on the date line... just for kicks i guess...

Well most Americans that I know, or have met, seem to love sarcasm. In fact I have trouble telling any other types of jokes. My friend got into a lot of trouble over in the USA with his Aussie humour (i.e. taking the piss out of everyone and everything). I've lost track of the amount of fights he's narrowly avoided due to them not realising it was supposed to be a joke... :)

Reply to
Mr Elliott McCombe

My experience has been the exact opposite.

I don't quite get you! You start off by saying that most Yanks you've known or met seem to love sarcasm. And then you go on to say how a lot of people your mate met in the USA didn't appreciate his piss-taking, not realising he wasn't being completely serious (i.e., sarcastic). Eh?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've never had that problem.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Oh sorry, how do I put this... A lot of Australian humour is laughing at ourselves and others, not in a harsh way, but in a "mateship" kinda way. Its not being sarcastic, it's more pointing out faults or aspects of a person in a good-natured way.

Reply to
Mr Elliott McCombe

Yeah, I know what you mean - my point was that it's not a million miles away from sarcasm, IYSWIM, hence me not getting why you thought Americans were the kings of sarcasm.

Reply to
AstraVanMan