New car required

< £500, not too horrific on the insurance because my NCB might be waving goodbye. Preferably bigger than a Fester, preferably not Ford as too many bits seem to drop off. Ideas?
Reply to
Doki

Oh dear. Tell us all what happened lad.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Speak to SAAB matt about his starship mondy diesel if its still going. Or maybe he sold it for a pint.

Did SteveH ebay the Primera?

Is Petey M still trying to flog the Mercedes 500 SEL?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

A sign of the times maybe

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I've got a Triumph 1300fwd in need of some TLC that I might let go of for £500. Only if I can get one of the others on the road, or pick up another tax exempt runabout for cheap though.

Unlikely to be your sort of thing, but seriously, classic insurance, no tax to pay, good enthusiast groups, you could do far worse than a small/ medium classic saloon. Check out the classic car club websites, they often have sales and wants pages, and even better, free cars :)

Reply to
Stuffed

And don't forget me, I've got a lovely old Maestro Van for sale, in remarkably good nick.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just spotted this, wish I had the money spare:

Northamptonshire Triumph Toledo. 2 door, 1972. 46.000 miles. MOT'd & taxed until October 2004. £375 ono

Not to everyone's liking, but a brilliant car if cash is tight :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Oh dear. Well i have a Micra for sale.... PLenty of cars about under £500. I'm looking at a Volvo 360 GLT with 9 months MOT, 2 months tax and all the goodies for

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I tried and failed due to muppets bidding.... well I do live in Wales ;-)

It's sat on the front lawn at the moment, has to go. Give me £300 and I'll leave in the rather nice Sony CD head unit, too.

MOT 'till Jan 2005. Bargain ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

£500.

*splutter*

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, I know. But looking at what they're currently being advertised for, that's damned cheap for one!

Bear in mind it's not in bad condition, and there's people selling them with no tax or test, in need of welding and mech work, for 600 plus!

I'm not going to complain if they're going up in value :)

Reply to
Stuffed

What engine is it? Think insurance may be a stink. And I've yet to experience a nice Sony head unit :D.

Reply to
Doki

You're going from a nice modern Ford Ka, to a £500 shit-box ?

Have you recently been declared bankrupt or something ?

Reply to
Nom

He's keeping well quiet on why he might lose his NCB...

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's a 2lt, 16v, single point injection. 121bhp.

At 29, with 5 years NCB, I got insurance down to £220 TPF&T, probably on account of it being a bit of an old man's car.

Reply to
SteveH

Wheels on the bottom, wheels on the top, wheels on the bottom, wheels on the top, wheels on the bottom again...

Reply to
Doki

u rolled a ka? LOL what the hell were u doin, testin out that lift off oversteer?

Reply to
Theo

I know why ;)

Reply to
Dan405

so do I

Reply to
Theo

Aaaaahhhhh right.

Well, you know what to do - take some pictures and post a link here :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan