New tyres

Trying to remember which I had now.... had 2 pairs in all - one was a

4-something and the other was a 4-something.

I remember the 4-something being super-sticky, working well in all conditions, but they wore out in under 3k miles.

The 5-somethings were good in the dry, OK in the wet - but they let go without any warning on wet roads. Not fun, in an 'oh look, the front end is understeering and the back is oversteering all at the same time' sort of a way. They also wore rather quickly.

Which is why I tend to favour P6000s now.

And the less said about Yoko S306s the better. Utter, utter s**te on even slightly damp roads. Cheap, though.

Reply to
SteveH

geeez - are there any cars still made with metric tyres?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I know someone with A539s and he swears by them in the wet. I after following him a few times (we both have similar rated cars) i'd have to agree. Then again maybe he's just willing to push the car a bit harder.

When i got my P6000s i wanted something that would give good grip for rallies, but a good wear rate, as at the time i was doing a lot of commuting between Southampton, Guildford and Bournemouth. I got well over 10000 miles out of them, and they're a lot better than budgets when things get damp. I was going to have a go at A539s when they wore out, but i got some P6000s for £35 each, so i stuck to them. Thinking of having a go with Colways new tarmac tyre next... :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, I suppose you could use them on track too. I've found a picture at

David

I had some that looked very much like a road-compound version of the A021R.

Reply to
SteveH

You are joking ?? No wonder they're no fk'ing good in the wet :)

Reply to
Lordy