Nice Saab

Me step dads just bought a 91 Saab 900 Aero thingy, in beryl green, looks and sounds lovely, at £3,500 i would have expected nothing less tho :O :O

Reply to
Theo

I know, I regret selling my T16. For what I spent on buying and fettling the Celica, I could have done the Saab mint.

Damn. Thats why I'm limiting my seach to either an NG900 with the clamp and brace from the viggen rescue kit, a 9000 2.3 FPT Anniversary or Aero, or a Classic 900 FPT convertable (I know one of them will cost). But even that is getting tricky now. 900 convertibles are slightly easier to find even though they are holding their price, but 9000 FPT

2.3 manuals are turning rocking horse shit, and people are even starting to ask and get stupid money for the GM 900's.

Ideally it will be Black with black or dark grey interior. Although I would consider Scarab green, Deep Aubergine, or Midnight blue on a GM900 or 9000. A 900 Cabrio would have to be black, or Oduardo grey though, milano red at a push even though the bastard shit will fade.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Surely the best plan is not to be *too* fussy about the model or colour when you're buying cars of this age? - I never worry about stuff like that, just go for the best condition car I can from my chosen maker within my price range (obviously, I'd not have bought a 1.8 75 or a 1.6

156).

I've been there and done that looking for a specific model in a specific colour - you either end up with something not quite right because it's the right colour / spec, or you spend months not buying anything.

Reply to
SteveH

That's the problem. I'm too fussy, and made too many compromises in the past. Bought the Celica instead of a Prelude Bought a Silver 900 instead of Black one Bought a Favorit instead of a Rapid Bought a 120 instead of 130 Estelle/Rapid (that was just inexperience).

I'm trying (at least until I sell the Celica) to hold on for the right car, and borrow if needed to get it, until the Celica sells.

TBH, this one

will go for peanuts.Least popular body shell, least popular colour. Will go like a monster,a nd look like your grandad.Something seems a bit shady though.Either it is knicked and the v5c/2 was in the car still, or it has something wrong with it. I would want to see the log book before I even bid on it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Don't really see much wrong there - he's obviously a trader and something has ballsed up with the log book.

In terms of price.... it's an old, high mileage 9000 in a shit colour. That's about all it's worth.

Reply to
SteveH

Yep. Exactley, even with 10months MOT on it. Wrong colour, wrong wheels, and on the saloon instead of hatchback shell. Worth peanuts. And virtually unsellable to a Saab owner type. Only useful if you plan use it to ram raid the bank. It's like a Volvo 850 T5 saloon, compared to an estate they aren't worth shit. Saab 9000's are the same, CC/CS hatch models is worth far more than the CD Saloon.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

How about this one:

REMUS

Transmission: Automatic 'nuff said. Even with spotless servicing it is on the edge of useful life. With typical neglect, 100k is the limit before you are on borrowed time.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

This would be cool

if it was a 2.3.

2.0 ecopower and 2.3 ecopower both have the intercooler that was missing on the earlier LPT models, so all you need to find are the full power trionic ECU, an APC solenoid, and some hoses. But there was no 2.0 full power trionic 5 cars, only 2.3's in the UK market so you need to find a 2.0 full power trionic ECU from continental car. thatis why the 2.3 LPT or 2.3 FPT are the better option in Anniversary spec. the 2.3 FPT manual even came with the 225bhp Aero spec engine/ecu/turbo where the auto only got the bog stock 2.3 CSE like the Auto Aero did.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Its like allot of things, Golf mk1 convertibles shouldn't technically go for £500-3.5k as 20 odd year old cars but they do. Cult & classic status add sometimes silly amounts to a cars realistic value.

Prices just keep going up as long as people are willing to pay I guess...

Reply to
REMUS

Thats the problem I'm having. Because the Saab 900 was first built in 1977, they are officially classics. So they hold their money. Even the early 16v that didn't arrive until 1984 are over 20 years old. This means that people think of all Classic 900'sas classic cars, even those from 92/93, which would normally be Banger territory. As long as it has a turbo, it will make money, or the seller will expect money and hold out for it. Same with the first 9000 models. But that is in Banger territory.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Obviously the colour isn't important, as long as it's not white.

But if you want a 3.0 V6 Alfa 75, then you're hardly gonna settle for a

2.0 - surely the model is the most important thing ? In the same vain, somebody wanting a 405 Mi16, isn't gonna buy a 1.9 8v because it's in the "best condition".
Reply to
Nom

Very true. I wanted black, dark grey, maybe the very dark blue, or the Scarabe near black, green.

But a decent ish (I hope, will find out Saturday) Red one came up. Couldn't resist, had to pounce. More in debt now, but might have foudn a "Bargain".

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep, that's it. If your perfect black one had come up, with the right alloys, right interior etc., but with some wheezy 110bhp NA engine, then I bet you wouldn't have looked twice at it.

Reply to
Nom

yup

Reply to