Nissan 350Z

I see a lot of 350Z's round here. Their exhaust note is quite howly, bit like an F360 Modena. They obviously "tuned" the exhaust to sound like this and it has nothing to do with the engine plumbed in at the other end.

Anybody else noticed the noise the 350Z makes? I think they can only make it at certain revs as they are taking off, maybe to about 2500-3000 RPM. Good for impressing people with their windows down on roundabouts or pedestrians in the town centre I suppose.

Yes I definitely mean a Nissan 350Z and not an RX-8. RX-8's just sound bizarre.

Reply to
fishman

RX8's sound like a 50CC Moped trying to effect a fast getaway. I like the

350Z, very very cool. May even buy one..... in about 4 years when they've depreciated to a reasonable level ;)
Reply to
**-**

Well, don't wait and buy one new in the US... But off course: the steering wheel will be at the other side.

US-price tag 26000 US Eur-price tag 35000 Eur or about 24000 UKP

On the bad side: it has a Renault engine and is as an extra not very powerfull.

The 350x has the looks but the RX-8 has the legs.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

It's 208kw which isn't exactly a slug.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nope - nor that of most other cars for that matter.

Whenever I encounter other cars, I'm inside mine :)

Reply to
Nom

Umm no, that's bollocks. THe RX8 is a breathless heap compared to the

350Z. The RX8 has feeble torque and it's not compensated for by the extended rev range. By the time an RX8 owner gets going the 350Z has gone.
Reply to
Steve Firth

"Nom" wrote i

You're a posh person with air con then? I have to wind down the windows in my golf if it's a warm day. Even the internal fan sounds like a cow that is suffering really bad cramp so that's not really an option.

Reply to
fishman

Agreed. To be quite honest, the RX-8 is a poorman's "sports coupe". I'd take a 350z every time.

Reply to
Nom

Of course - only a nutter buys a car without aircon :D

LOL !

Reply to
Nom

Wtf ??

The Nissan has substantially more power than an RX8. Not to mention an imperial fuckload more torque...

Reply to
Lordy

True enough on both points - 230bhp vs 270bhp but the 350z is also a lard ass, 300kg heavier than the RX8

Reply to
GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo

I disagree about the legs but there isn't as much in it as I thought.

Mazda RX-8

cc 2.6 liters front engine with 10 compression ratioPower: SAE and 157 kW , 210 HP @ 8,500 rpm; 164 ft lb , 222 Nm @ 5,000 rpmWeights: curb weight (kg) 1,385 Nissan 350Z
cc 3.5 liters V 6 front engine with 95.5 mm bore, 81.4 mm stroke, 10.3compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft andfour valves per cylinder VQ35DEPower: 214 kW , 287 HP SAE @ 6,200 rpm; 274 ft lb , 371 Nm @ 4,800 rpmWeights: curb weight (lbs) 3,188 = 1,449 kg

Johnny

Hardly. It's less than 1500 kilos, which in this day and age is pretty much featherweight. 60 comes up in less than 6 seconds...

1463kg for the Nissan (about 1550 for the ragtop tho). 1345kg for the Mazda according to HonestJohn.
Reply to
Lordy

damn better not buy that noble then :)

Reply to
Theo

Most have aircon, certainly as an option.

Reply to
DanTXD

No M12's have left the factory without Air-Con. Whilst it is optional most buyers see it as standard and factor it into the price. The heat-soak through the firewall from the turbo on the rear bank makes it essential. Only one 12 exists without Air-Con and thats an M400 Demo which IIRC now has air-con.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

well u know what I was getting at.

Reply to
Theo

My boss had a noble.....sold it after two months of use loosing about 8k.

he owned it from new.....and out of two and a bit months it spent 5 weeks in being repaired. shit build quality IMO.

Reply to
Mason

some people have the strangest views....obviously from the point of view of someone who has driven neither...

i'd take the nissan anyday of the week.

give it 4-5 years :o)

Reply to
Mason