Not quite right

HF Turbos are cheap, Integrales are minty.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Looks genuine enough to me, although it could be a Bodged up Saab 600.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Looks ok to me.

It specifically says "This vehicle will be sold as seen" so you can expect some problems - he can hardly ask for mega money :)

Reply to
Nom

It would appear to be RHD....... i know Integrales/Evo's only came in LHD, so surely these did too?

Reply to
Dan405

snip

No, HF turbos were RHD too. (and almost as common as RS Turbos back in the days when Max Power had writing in it)

Reply to
Jamesy

Aha. I thought the HF was meant to be LHD, blistered arches etc. like the Integrale. What's a HF Turbo then? Still 4WD?

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Nope, Front wheel drive, 1.6, and depending on age, either carb and turbo, or efi turbo.

HF actually means "Hi Fidelity", no, really, it does. What that's got to do with going fast, I don't know.

If anyone's remotely interested, the fast Delta family went like this

HF Turbo - 1.6 carb turbo (135 bhp) HF Turbo i.e. - 1.6 inj turbo (140 bhp) HF 4wd - 2.0 4wd, not blistered arch lhd turbo (180 bhp) Integrale 8v - 4wd 2.0 turbb, small blistered arches (190ish bhp) Integrale 16v - 4wd 2.0 turbo, bigger arches, bulgy bonnet (200 bhp) Integrale kat - swiss / german Evo model with evo body and 8v engine (200 bhp) Integrale Evo - 16v big bubbly mother still 200 bhp, single exhaust outlet Integrale Evo Kat - a.k.a Evo2 16v biggest arches, 215 bhp, single exhaust.

Reply to
Pete M

Ergh.

I knew that already :P. 80s tastic.

How much?

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

between £12000 and £18000 for a nice one, about £22000 for a "dealer edition" one, about £50 for one that's been converted to RHD.

Reply to
Pete M

Me me me, i am :)

That'd be my one, well the one thats lookin at me from the front of the showroom...

Whats the difference between the 16v HF 'grale and the evo 2 mechanically?

-- Chet

Chet

IIRC, the Evo has a slightly better management system due to having to run a catalyst, the single outlet exhaust breathes better, and a bit of chippery gives the power hike. Smaller turbo makes it much more responsive. Suspension wise, more suspension travel (top strut mounts are higher meaning an even bigger bonnet bulge), bigger wheels, wider track and a few other gubbins. Evo also was blessed with a disconnected (fuse out) water injection system and a power steering oil cooler.

Evos really were homogolation specials. If the rally car needed it, the road car got it.

Reply to
Pete M