Elder

That's no money at all for such a car.

What a hit to take.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Damn, I was £400 under....

Reply to
Pete M

Ouch, that's crazy. It's not even big and French..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Exactly. No mention of history, no shots of the inside and mention of the one small tear (which mine had but it took 10 years to develop) and it is a bit leggy for age but not for the engine.

But that is what is happending to barges, if you think the LS is aimed at the upper end of E class/Lower end of S class and 7 series, you would imagine something under 10 years old to be worth at least twice that even allowing for normal depreciation. It still comes under old car tax so it isn't CO2 rates that are buggering it.

Reply to
Elder

Looks to be a fair motor for the cash too.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You know that. I know that. But Joe Public? The problem is that most people don't know that, and just assume that either anything large is getting hit. Which rips the arse out of the market, because of the basic laws of supply and demand.

Reply to
Adrian

I know. He must have either owned it from new and lost all the depreciation over the years, or I reckon he paid more than that for it and has lost. I know one of the guys on retro-rides got a slightly older one free without MOT because he wanted the engine and box for his prostreet cortina, then decided to fix it as a winter hack first, because of medical needs.

Can you believe someone gave away a UK spec Lexus with fairly low miles for age and good history because of these MOT fail points.

1) Tail light bulb blown. 2) Bald rear tyres. 3) 1 broken spring.

1) Bulb replaced.

2) Cheap set of Mazda 18" alloys with wider tyres bought cheap from a mate because dealers can't sell them when the customer buys the 19" upgrade kit and a lot of customers don't want the 18" back. They normally take the hit for the tyre disposal if they are too worn to sell to a part worn pikey by cashing in the alloys for scrap when they get a van load. 3) Broken piece of spring removed. Rest of springs cut down to the same length with angle grind. No disassembly required and instant improved stance.

One silly cheap mot'd Lexus LS400 with history tax and a winters worth of comfort motoring,

Reply to
Elder