BX GTI - Meatball Turbo?

Saw this and remembered someone talking about them or how to spot one?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Mark S. waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Actually looks quite nice that.

I had a BX GTi once, wasn't the 16v though :-(

D805 KVR, where are you now?

Reply to
Pete M

Rusted back to it's consituent materials? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

No, it had major hydraulic failure! Lovely car though.

Reply to
Pete M

I though BX's were pretty much made of plastic :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@karman.demon.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Cheers mate. Have to put that idea on hold ATM.

Also the one down the road that was half buried in undergrowth mysteriously vanished one night. Damn. Looking at the wheels on that, it looks like it might have been a GTi after all, don't know about 16v though.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Note who the high bidder is !

Reply to
Nom

LOL, Hmm, thought he already had another one.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, he did. Perhaps he needs some parts ?

Reply to
Nom

who is it?

vamp

May have been me, I'm always banging on about them. I've had 4.

Phase 2 is not a GTi though, plain BX 19 16v. Worth remembering as it saves an insurance group or two. Car on e-bay is a phase 2, has a different bumper and spoiler.

They seem to be at bottom dollar at the moment, but people are already snapping up the good ones.

Off topic, but we won our class in the Classic Touring Car Championship this year, by a flying mile. It was using a 70,000mile standard engine (snapped a cambelt in 1994, and had an odd s/hand piston and valves fitted) for 3/4 of the year, almost won the series outright.

....... Classic Thunder, Class F

I had the BXGti 16V as my company car for about six months about

1990ish. It's one of the few cars I really miss, the seats were superbly comfortable, it could take huge loads with the back seats down or up, and it went like shit off a shovel.
Reply to
Steve Firth