O/T (again) War og the Worlds

Off to see it in a few hours. I'm going in not knowing anything about it, so we'll see

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.

Reply to
Depresion

Yes, but what about War of the Worlds?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Well, maybe you'll like it. I think I might just be really critical of films, although I do (inexplicably) like Tom Cruise films.

Hope you enjoy it!

Reply to
conkersack

mate of mine told me this aft it's the best film he's seem in ages - takes all sorts i guess.

Reply to
JohnR

Ah, that one's completely different, amazing film, the hedgehog scene is one which will stay with me for years.

?
Reply to
conkersack

But they still came.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Blimey, I dread to think of the dross he's been watching!

Aye, probably the reason.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

But not from Mars.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Nah, they faked it. Dirty martians.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

listen to it again

:P

Reply to
Theo

Yet still, they come...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They shot down beagle 2 as it was going to land on an alien colony...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Has Spiney Norman been brought out of retirement and deep freeze at Luton Airport then?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Who? It was Gregor, actually. He's a plasterer by trade.

Reply to
conkersack

Now you are just asking to have your head nailed to a table (or at least your pelvis screwing to a cake stand), vicious but fair.

Reply to
Depresion

Oh don't do that again, for god's sake. The carpet cleaning bills are too much.

Reply to
conkersack

I saw it on Saturday in Leicester Square, and I thought it was *great*.

The sound mix is really really impressive. There's bugger all music, but all the banging and crashing and grating really made the film for me.

9/10, but I'm a sucker for a Hollywood Blockbuster :)
Reply to
Nom

Fair enough, glad you liked it! But didn't you want to murder Tom Cruise's kids within the first five minutes? God they were irritating. The flicks I saw it at (AMC Manchester) had the sound turned up way too loud, it just pissed me off towards the end. But the bass was good for the fog horns.

Yeah, I am usually. Last good film I saw at the cinema was Collateral.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack