Tinted Window Question

Is it now illegal to have the front windows tinted?

I have noticed that cars supplied new from the manufacturers no longer offer this as an option.

I have heard that you can get legal front tints done but a greater percentage of light must get through, anyone had this done? do they look any good?

Was thinking of investing in this but I dont really see the point of just tinting the rear windows..

Reply to
Me

If you're that embarrassed, wear a big pair of those glasses with large nose/mustache combos. You can transfer the specs from car to car, unlike the tints.

Or of course you could change your car for one you're not ashamed to be seen in... :)

HTH

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Nope - the law hasn't changed.

That's because new cars come with tinted windows as standard these days !

The law says you front screen must let X% of the light through, and your front side windows must let Y% through. Most modern cars aren't far off these figures as standard, so there isn't much point tinting the already tinted glass.

Reply to
Nom