OBD-II Scanners

temperature, O2

Oops, that's me done, then, isn't it!?

Reply to
DervMan

How much are these things to buy?

Reply to
Dan405

About two to three hundred notes, plus the relevant hardware (laptop, PalmOS device, or whatever).

Reply to
DervMan

And if you're lucky someone will make somethin like this, like i have :)

-- Chet

Chet

And if you're even LUCKIER your car will work :)

fx:

Reply to
Dan405

Three times a second? Bwahahaha sllllooooowwww! :)

But, yes, essentially this is what I'm looking at, except running on a non-dedicated piece of hardware.

Reply to
DervMan

Any idea exactly when in 1996? Would an N reg (Jan 96) Audi A6 TDI have this system (though the dash tells me battery charge, oil temp, water temp, even the speed the car's travelling at) ?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I lost..... [1]

Peter

[1] Though lagging behind did have its advantages, like not being anywhere remotely near any form of near miss as everyone else went through a rather large puddle, all in fairly close proximity of each other.......
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, fast enough for most of the readouts tho, even the digi speedo in the

21 doesn't update as quick!

-- Chet

Chet

This is, of course, very true.

However, I feel the need to point out that I was in front of Tim at that juncture.

Reply to
DervMan

Well, by September, because _every_ Ka has it (introduced 11 September,

1996).

You can get a dedicated VAG product, it's cheaper than t'others.

Your best bet would be to look for the diagnostics port.

Reply to
DervMan

I'd suppose. I was looking at some of the specifications for the PalmOS products, I'm sure I saw that the software has the ability to log various sensors down to 10ms or so. Something daft like that! But I know that my Palm cannot update the screen that quickly!

But /cough blush cough/ I kinda misread it. Three times a second is plenty fast enough; for some unknown reason I thought it was once every three seconds. :)

Reply to
DervMan

MAP sensor was the only thing i seen a delay in but that was goin from

0-100kpa in about 2 seconds :)

Next time i see it, it should be closer to 200kpa :-D

-- Chet

Chet

By virtue that I'd stopped to let you and Astravanman catch up

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I reckon it must be those Firestones you put on it ;). The Uniroyals I've got refuse to aquaplane, and grip rather well in the wet, though you'd be mad to use all the grip as breakaway is rather more dramatic in the wet than the dry.

Reply to
Doki

At this point I would like to point out that I had to have new front tyres and suspension after trying to follow Tim down a country road. I think the two are connected ...

Reply to
pete boyall

Renault 21 TXe had a digital speedo that only seemed to update about once a second - used to just jump from 26 to 32 mph without passing through 27,28,29,30 or 31 and with no apparent change to the throttle opening.

Reply to
pete boyall

Thats what i have :)

-- Chet

Chet

It's only a bloody Volvo for god's sake :P. Give me 20 more horses in my Ka and stickier tyres and he'd be done for. Yes.

Reply to
Doki

ermmmm... not guilty yer honour.

Be grateful we weren't in my mates T6...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp