OBD-II Scanners

in

20??? 120 maybe. And then all I'd do is ram you off the road ;-)
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Maybe but you want a copy of Vag-Com anyway, it does all the non OBD stuff as well & it's cheaper . (When i bought mine it was cheaper to get it shipped from the US than buy it in the UK , YMMV)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

try this:

Carl Farrington

In modern GatsoLand, you have my sympathy.

Reply to
pete boyall

I think I'd have pulled over and given up! Oh wait, I did :-)

Reply to
pete boyall

Diesels need about 37 more horses. Thankfully RICA let you get them!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

We'd have got there a lot faster in the T6 as well, 'cause it's got sat nav...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

in

Oh dear.

"only a bloody Volvo" eh? Have you driven these machines, then?

I've always liked big modern Volvos, but naturally prefer the diesels!

Reply to
DervMan

Heh, well after some driving in the wet I've confirmed that they're not all that grippy, but they let go reasonably gently under most circumstances! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Try the guy at -

I know the website is a bit amateur and US biased but the product seems great if you've got a lap-top.

Software is a free download (for the trail version) so you can see what you are getting. Ordering the cable from the USA is no problem, you can pay by PayPal and mine came in less than a week. You get an activation code for the software when you order a cable. Works fine on my Toyota RAV4(2003) and Lotus Elise (2001).

Reply to
Richard C

:)

Unfortunately, I cannot justify a large car. I occasionally struggle to justify a car full stop, heh. And now if I had to drive up and down the country to see punters, I'd struggle to not want to do it in the Ka! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Heh, I knew where I was going until you made me turn left instead of right :-)

Reply to
pete boyall

Note the "Yes." at the end of the post. I wasn't entirely serious. I'd have thought that 20 horses or so of Nitrous on a Ka with sticky rubber would be pretty quick until the brakes gave up :P.

I don't think I've ever been in a Volvo :P.

Reply to
Doki

Heh! I did that once following Tim. I blame the fact that it was pissing it down with rain and I really didn't fancy following too closely. Oh, and the fact that I'm a muppet.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh. 80 PS not makes one great. It'll make a difference, but it really needs another hundred or so.

Heh!

Reply to
DervMan

It's happened twice? I think it's one of Tim's PCS, police countermeasure suite, perhaps he creates the image of the Volvo going left when really it's going right? :)

Reply to
DervMan

I was gonna say! If you had 80, he'd still have another 100bhp on you!

Reply to
Dan405

You managed to follow him? What were you flying? Or were you on a superbike?

Reply to
pete boyall

The term "follow" is used rather loosely here! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Surely the Volvo weighs 1400 kilos or so compared to the 800 of the Ka? He'd still have 30 or so more horses per tonne though.

Reply to
Doki