Ok Might as well start the moaning now :)

I'm prepared..... I decided to swap the Golf which I purchased for a Mk3 escort :)

You know I love em, and I know everyone's going to moan but it is my fav car of all time, and now I got one sitting in my garage.

I suppose everyone has their "car" they idolised when they were a 16yr old, mine just happened to be a Series 1 RS Turbo, so I now have a C reg Custom, in excellent condition, with approx 180bhp.

It does have RS500 Cossie alloys on it, and a little bit of rust on the rear valence but I'm going to re-spray it and have all the stickers put back on nice, and it's missing the front foglights.

Let the flames begin :)

SteveH has already given me loads of shit about it lol, I still have my 1.8T Audi mind.

Reply to
Ronny

:o) well done mate. I love S1 turbo's and always have.

Let me know if you need any parts...have LOADS knocking around..

I just last week got rid of a FULL sticker set :o(

we just finsihed one for a friend, we've had it in the garage for over three months.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I need a new metal front bumper, but panel-on have them for 20 quid or so, so will buy one from there, think thats it,

Reply to
Ronny

:o) not worth messing around if they have them at that price is it :o)

incidently if you come accross any of those small circular blanking plate/gromit things that go along the side of the sideskirts will you let me know :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

You crazy man !

Have you driven it ? Is it really as bad as it's reputation suggests ?

Reply to
Nom

Yeah they always get nicked on RS's,

Reply to
Ronny

IIRC the one we just finished was missing three, and the one on the back garden needs four ;o)

Reply to
Mason

No, its an amazing car imo, its very quick, it sounds great and as long as its looked after they last well.

The series one is the first RS model to use a Turbo charger I think, so it's always going to be a classic, and its just so retro 80's. They are also very rare now, most have rotted out or been wrapped round lamp-posts.

Think about it, when was the last time you seen a tidy Series 1 driving round your area?

Reply to
Ronny

"Ronny" wrote

Saw one at the weekend. Simultaneously saw one of the new Ferrari 612 Scallyspaghetti.

The RS had a nice high-pitched dump valve. My old Bailey had a low pitched hiss. The Ferrari was silver. Crap colour. Meatball/Sleeker/Skodapilot might have seen it. The big house opposite the Springbrook pub.

Reply to
fishman

Was it a straight swop? Cos for £150 you can't go wrong :) Also, theres not much worse than a Mk3 Golf :D And you have the Audi for being respectable in anyway.

Reply to
DanTXD

I dunno if he's seen it, but one lives in Filey, (Left at the roundabout at Imperial garage, up that road, or the previous left, it seems to struggle to get a parking space :) ) not far from where he lives :) White, completely standard, except possibly the wheels, but they're small and suit it :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Exactly, and the Golf has 9 months ticket, so is worth about 1k on ebay etc, it drives very nice, and I whacked 2 new tyres on it.

Reply to
Ronny

Not sure where the Springbrook is TBH, don't get out much being a sad web dev car freak.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

bah not a fan of them after a mate showed me a mint series 2, same shit box i know :) prefered my MK1 but then again i'd rather have that 180bhp pushing the rear wheels.

i've always wanted a MK1-2 escort with some silly turbo charged unit in the front for a giggle :)

Reply to
Vamp

Respectability is as repectability does.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

You a web dev? IIRC from the thread about me being skint and driving an old micra, you get paid next to bugger all for it. There'll probably be web dev jobs where I work next year as two web devs left this year. We pay web devs a lot (which is why the boss doesn't have as many flash cars as yours). Drive to Wilmslow takes about 35 minutes from where I live. Relatively free-flowing.

Anyway, the Springbrook is on the Knutsford road, by the junction where you can turn left (coming out of Warrington) to go through Thelwall and onwards to Lymm and right to Stockton Heath. Straight on, about two Knutsford Road roundabouts away is the M56/M6 Lymm Interchange. The pub's just been refurbished and has "two for one" signs outside it.

Reply to
fishman