oooh, stereo stuff.

bought some bits today, Nakamichi head unit, and some mad big f*ck off "Ground Zero" amp..

Now I'm gonna have to find some nice speakers that fit the Alfa apertures, and make door builds.

This Alfa lark is getting expensive, but it's fun..

Reply to
Pete M

Yum - nakamichi

I've got the whole door build thing to do sometime - new speaker mounts (the original ones are glued to the speakers) coming from mercedes (£1.85 each - rude not to) on wednesday and then I've got to decide what speakers to get for it - 17cm fronts, 13cm backs....

I hate removing door panels.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Good call on the nakAUX in too on most recent ones, so an MP3 player can plug straight in.

If your phone takes a decent memory card you might be able to use that.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I think I'm going to leave messing with the Saab. It has a changer interface on the Sony RC, it is supposed to be unilink=20 compatible, and I have a cassette adaptor, so I could just run an MP3=20 player through a cassette. Tried the missus's Archos Gmini X200. Sounded=20 surprisingly clear for a cassette adaptor. and it is a 20gig drive for=20 under =A3200 too.

Looks like the speakers have been upgraded too, as they don't appear to=20 be the usual cheap Philips paper cones 20watts jobs, but the front 4"=20 are Philips Pro 40watt R.M.S=20

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

And it hasn't even broken down. Yet.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Not everything italian is unreliable - I find a few bottles of Peroni a reliable way to forget about the day!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

When you've cobbled all that together, it'll be the most reliable electrics ever found in an Italian car.

My Dedra went so crazy one winter, to the point of turning the headlights and the engine on itself in the middle of the night. I shat myself as I thought somebody was stealing it! I couldn't get the lights to turn off unless I disconnected the battery...

Reply to
fishman

What was that noise? Ah. Another trim clip snapping. Might be worth getting a handful of those too Tim or a flat bit of metal with a slot in the middle to ease them out.

Reply to
Conor

I went to a motor trimmers and bought a bag of 100. Now I only have to worry about the door cards tearing. If they do I just make new ones out of masonite.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Ordered a set of trim clips as well - also arriving tomorrow...

Merc parts seem to be quite cheap!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp