[OT] A week today...

...GT4 will be arriving :D Anyone else Pre-ordered or is everyone running into town to buy it :) ? Paid an extra quid and Pre-ordered with

as they're good at getting them to you on the release date.

Reply to
DanTXD

Mines ordered :)

Reply to
Ronny

I noticed that there is indeed a GT4 in GT4.

I don't have a PS2. So I won't get to drive it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ordered it about 2 years ago. With all the delays I wish I had a chipped PS2 so I could have imported the Jap version last year.

Reply to
Depresion

i would if a) i had a PS2 and b) if the PS2's graphics wasn't so pants :)

Reply to
Vamp

Yea being a PC gamer normally, the s**te GFX do distress me. Still, its not like theres another console or driving game with better GFX and gameplay available is it :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Pre-ordered!

Reply to
DervMan

They're taking pre-orders for old Celicas?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's not as though the graphics are absolutely crap either and I'd weight my opinion on gameplay over (half decent) graphics any day. You soon get accustomed to graphics whether brilliant or indifferent, it's the gameplay that makes you go back for more.

mine's ordered btw.

Reply to
JohnR

I am afraid of it. It has to be the ultimate time sponge. I'm only sleeping 6 hours a night now. If I get GT4 I'll be lucky if I get 3.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Try GTR for the PC they seem to have totally forgotten to put anything track side.

Reply to
Depresion

Bah sleep is for wimps I give it up for good games on a regular basis. (3 days solid on civ once and didn't notice till I was told what day it was)

Reply to
Depresion

know the feeling, star wars republic commando is out on x box Friday can't wait! although it doesn't matter right now if i get no sleep :)

Reply to
Vamp

Yea i agree, as long as GFX are decent, i'm happy as long as the gameplay rocks :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Metrololis Street Racer on the Dreamcast had a feature where it had the time entered, and depending where you were racing, dictacted whether it was light/dark/dusk/sunrise etc So, if it was 1pm in real life, and you played a London course, it would be light, if it was 1am in real life, it would be dark in the game. I once played from bright sunshine, through dusk, dark, sunrise, and back to bright sunshine :)

Reply to
DanTXD

haha, it also had the timezones too which was cool. if you had you dreamcast on UK time then japan would be the equivelent hours ahead ect.

Reply to
Vamp

rome total war - i've got that game well and truly out of my system now and got the bags under my eyes to prove it.

Reply to
JohnR

God i loved that game....

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL! Bet you're still playing the original Doom!

PCs may well produce great games but you end up with a big, noisy typically beige box making a right racket, and every so often you have to buy new bits for it if you want to get the latest releases.

My PS2 or Xbox sit under the TV and don't require anything.

Reply to
DervMan

I have a small black quite quiet box. (About twice the depth of a game cube and a little wider, and only a little louder than an Xbox) Still packs a good punch with a 3Ghz P4 and now aging 9800 pro. With Pentium M chips now hitting the desktop market and outperforming Athlon 64s even with the current crap MB chipset you can build a fast system with very little heat output (stock HS & fan combo is still cool to the touch with a 2ghz clocked to 2.3 and stress tested so larger fanless systems will hit the shops). There's a new faster motherboard chipset on the way these are going to be the chips of 2005. If you want to play PSO then you need a network adapter and hard drive for the PS2 (unless you have a PSTwo then you can't play it at all).

Reply to
Depresion