OT:Aaaaaaaaargh

Even with patches, quiting smoking is horrible. The patches take away the nicotine craving, but I'm having real trouble not having a cig, even though I don't have any baccy with me.

I found myself eating Jalapeno relish on ryvitas earlier. Now, eating my usual "Kimchi instant noodle bowl" for lunch, I've just shovelled in big piles of Chilli pcikle and Mango pickle.

Jesus, this is hard work.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

sugar free lollipops? - might sooth the hand to mouth withdrawal.

Reply to
JohnR

Nicotine Lollipops - NicoPops!

This could be an invention worthy of AstraPeterMan!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've been thinking about that, or a jar of pickled Jalapenos. Everytime I want a smoke, eat a Jalapeno.

Should work well. ATM, at work, instead of going out for a smoke, I'm walking arround the building. Takes about the same time, but I'm going out twice as often.

Hopefully, in a couple of days, the physical functions of smoking will be out of the way, and I'll let the patches take car of the nicotine.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Don't bother giving up mate, I know how you feel, I gave up for 2 weeks about 2 months ago, and although I felt better I put on a stone. I just couldn't stop bloody eating :(

And patches,,,, they are crap, all it left me was with a round red spot wherever I had the thing on, and it kept falling off.

Reply to
Ronny

Nah mate, could seriously do with giving up. In the mornings, or climbing stairs, I start to feel breathless, and I get shit all exercise. And being mid 30's I'm right slap bang in the heart attack band. Whoohoo lucky me, eh. Missus has got a week infront of me, she stopped last week and found it not too bad, got her sense of smell back friday. She feels loads better. I never stopped eating anyway, and these patches seem to be staying on OK.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I know this is all boring n'all, but are you going to start exercising again as well? I remember when I first saw you posting - you didn't have a licence, so rode a bike to get places. Since then you've got the licence and use the car instead. Bad move IMO...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

And then all you have to worry about is your raging pickled jalapeno habit! Glad I'm not sharing any confined spaces with you...

Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

The plan is, when I get use of my lungs back, to spend some time, especially in summer cycling, anbd we have an exercise bike too, and since last summer, I have been going out in the evening, spending an hour or so each evening, walking, 2 or 3 times a week.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nooooo! Those things are only for the seriously motivated athelete who wants a controlled training environment, or for people who can't actually ride. The real thing is _so_ much better! Ok, you can't watch telly on a real bike, but TBH if you can while trying to exercise, you're not trying hard enough, and the real world is so much nicer.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well I'm a fat bastard (the lucky few on here that have met me can testify to that) and I've never smoked regularly in my life.

The other day someone said they reckoned I'd lost a bit of weight, but I don't believe them. The scales do seem a bit less troubled when I've been on a "Three Kellogg's a day" diet due to sheer laziness more than anything else.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It gets easier, gradually, with time.

Reply to
Questions

I guessed that. With the patch, I'm not missing the fix, but I am missing the lighting up physical habit.

It's day one. But I didn't think the patch would work as well. It has worked fantastically.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh agreed. but there are times when you get 10 minutes spare, or it's pishing down, and you want to get a sweat up, that sort of thing.

I really used to love going out on the bike on a Sunday and putting 40-

50 miles, I doubt now whether I could do 10, but, hopefully, I'll get back to it.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

LOL. I've always loved cheese, and raw chilli butties. Especially after a few beers, when I've had no money left on the way home for a Kebab. Get home, eat cheese and chilli :)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I can think of much more enjoyable things to do with a spare 10 minutes. In fact there's enough time to do it twice ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Placebo

Reply to
Ronny

I don't think so. Definatley contains nicotine. the ingredients say so, and if it didn't the sale of goods act, and not fit for the purpose it was sold would come into play.

Someone said get one of the plastic ciggies, but that is the habit I'm most having touble with.

Well, I've bought my jar of pickled Jalapenos, so tomorrow, everytime I would normally go out for a smoke, I'm going to go out and eat a whole pickled Jalapeno. My ring with be burning by tomorrow night, and if that doesn't work as aversion therapy, nothing will.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

...and have a nice cup of tea...

Reply to