OT: Aircon

Is very nice on days like today. After we'd been parked up for a couple of minutes here in sunny Leeds, on a slight hill at the hospital, an actual river of condensation was coming from under the car. Then i thought, crap it's gonna be WARM in the hospital. But oh no, i'm in a side room with a window that opens (this is rare in hospitals...) and an aircon machine that is pumping out icy cold air. And i'm only here for 2 nights, then its just one more 2 week in a weeks time, and i'm done :) All treated in time for the best of the weather.

I won't miss Leeds... From my window i can see the bit of pavement where some lady was shot and killed, in broad daylight a year or 2 back, and the graveyard where a dismembered corpse was found a year or 2 back. And as we drove in last time, there was a body on the side of the road, no car stopped like a hit and run, an Ambulance and a copper in attendance, and a rather still looking person...

Lovely area :)

Pointless post over with now - brought to you by Vodafone Mobile Connect

3G/GPRS god bless it :-)
Reply to
DanTXD

Aircon was invented by god :) it's amazing how the hotter the day becomes the colder it gets in the car. But remember it's not good for you, you get cold after cold and coughs etc, going from hot to cold is not good for the body :(

As for Leeds, to us southerners the North seems like a pretty scary place, but then I would imagine we all have our own nasty places, see yah in 2 weeks!

Reply to
Ronny

I thought it gave you colds and stuff from all the germs and crap the system grew and collected over time? Mines only 8 months old, and 90% of the germs will be mine, so i should be OK - assuming its not just going from hot cold to gives you a cold :)

Reply to
DanTXD

my car is from japan so has probably got jap germs and crap so i might be lucky and get a cool tropical disease oooooo :)

Reply to
Vamp

Is there not an urban myth about an American driver getting out of his car in Death Valley and suffering a heart attack from the instantaneous

100 degree change in temperature?
Reply to
Halmyre

Like SARS

Remember the Top Gear exclusive Mazda RX8 Jeremy Clarkson saying "Look

- Real Japanese bird poo - with SARS"

Reply to
fishman

Nice.