[OT] Are any of you guys web designers?

Tell him to avoid images and hand code it then remove all the superfluous white spaces, that will make it just about as quick as possible. Think of it like stripping out a car rather than adding more power.

Reply to
Depresion

Soz, couldn't resist.

Reply to
getbent

Doh

Reply to
Abo

Grr... I meant a site making with just a three or four pages, some text, some pictures and some way to navigate from the home page to the other pages and back again...

Reply to
Abo

Why doesn't he get hold of a copy of FrontPage and do it himself?

A simple site can be done in about an hour. And he'll be able to update it himself. One I did

took an hour to do the basic layout and all the information on the pages.

David

Reply to
David Lane

*shudder*
Reply to
SteveH

Well, that's ok but it won't load on either my cable or ADSL connection, in either Explorer or Firefox...

Reply to
Abo

That's because the Pipex webservers are down.

Reply to
SteveH

Damn pipex... ;)

Reply to
Abo

He can DIY it quite easily with Dreamweaver, or if he's vaguely technical minded, DIY it in notepad, but it's a bit of a pain. I suppose if he's not got the time to learn it, and it needs to look "professional" it might be worth paying someone. elated.com has some good templates that you just fill with your own text...

Reply to
Doki

That's the thing: no time really, the season starts in a couple of weeks and he's busy getting the car together (ours is ready to race now, BTW...) No money either, but there'll be some weekend race tickets/pit passes (including saturday evening's hospitality) in it...

Reply to
Abo

You're tempting me to bodge something together despite my pile of essays. Where's the racing? If I can't be arsed, I'm sure ronny could manage it. Or DanTXD.

Reply to
Doki

Here you go:

6th / 7th May, Rockingham (oval) 3rd / 4th June, Croft 24th / 25th June, Rockingham (oval) 8th / 9th July, Rockingham (oval) 12th / 13th August, Rockingham (oval) 19th / 20th August, Brands Hatch (Indy) 9th / 10th September, Rockingham, (oval) 23rd / 24th September, Snetterton 7th / 8th October, Rockingham (oval) 4th / 5th November, Brands Hatch (Indy)
Reply to
Abo

Send some pictures and the text (ie, this is for the car prep page, this is for the sponsors page etc.) he wants over on my reply to and I'll see if I can do it. If it's going to take a long time it'll have to be someone else due to my essays. Has he got hosting?

Reply to
Doki

Check your mail :)

Reply to
Abo

Got it.

Reply to
Doki

I could put you in touch with a dude. What's the budget?

Reply to
fishman

Looks like it might be in hand...

Reply to
Abo

OK

Here's an example of the work done by the guy I know - I think this site cost under =A3300.

fishman