OT: Aren't Kilts Comfy.

As we have a no shorts rule at work, and the temps are rising in the office, I've bought a kilt. Nice simple machine washable blackwatch tartan.

Been wearing it this evening. Fantastic.

Reply to
Elder

where did you get it from? I'm tempted to do the same . We have the same rule at work...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

That's a damn good idea. Might have to look into that

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I dunno why, but i read the title as "Aren't kids comfy".... I was like, "Ooooo, this is a new low I think...". I was expecting to expand to thread to see something stomach churning from Doug P :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I've never tried wearing a kid.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Pics!

I found that it takes some time learning to get in and out of cars with any dignity. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If it's a proper kilt it's likely rather warmer than lightweight trousers. Anything else is a tartan skirt. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

wanna be jocks :)

you should just stick with trews :)

(ps i used to work for a kilt company ACS(gilded edge)

Reply to
Rob

Nor me. But we have a lot to thank goats for. Goat's Milk based Greek Yoghurt for one - which rocks. And Feta cheese.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Look on ebay. Mine was =A340 delivered. It is acrylic rather than wool. Wool ones cost between =A3150 and =A3300 Be very careful on the measurement. I ordered what I thought was the=20 right waist size. Luckily I could move the buckles a little.

Measure arround your belly so the tape goes through your belly button. That is the waist size you want, snug fit. Then kneel down, and measure from the ground to your belly button (get=20 someone else to measure while you are straight upright) that is the=20 length. Cheap kilts tend to come in 23/24 inch. Some do a longer 27" for taller=20 people, but ideally at 6'2" I would need a 26" kilt. 27" is fine though.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Elder

I'm a Robson. We are Sept of the Gunns. A Warring clan if there ever was one. Oh and my Step dad is Glaswegian too, so i've been adopted into a Scots family anyway. And his dad served in the Highland regiment too, so the Blackwatch is a suitable tribute to him.

Reply to
Elder

You stuck your knob in a goat?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My Grandad served in the Blackwatch too...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I have very little dignity left anyway :) But I do know the correct way to sit, knees open, apron dangling to cover modesty.

Reply to
Elder

And cute photos of them in trees in Morocco.

Reply to
Elder

Or try the Sports kilts from

I'm thinking of going down that route with my family tartan (though it's not the best looking tartan in the world) rather than a Tux but it's £675 for a full outfit

Reply to
Depresion

That will be wool then at that price. Will last almost forever though if=20 you look after it.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Elder

Just be sure to keep stones in yer sporran.

Richard (who has a fully black version of the Colquhoun tartan planned, as his sister works for a Kilt supplier).

Reply to
RichardK

You haven't?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Well, since all the kids are doing it, I'm going to have to try it now.

Reply to
Douglas Payne