OT: Ebay

WTF are people on? I'm currently flogging my old van on the bay and it's got to £700, despite the fact that none of the bidders have come to look at it. I mean, WTF? I'd not bid on a £100 car if I'd not looked it over.

Reply to
Doki

I've bought loads of cars on EBay without viewing, if you turn up and it's not as described you walk away, you are under no obligation to buy no mater what the seller thinks.

Reply to
Depresion

If they produce the cash then its all good!!

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

You beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing. Neither would I expect a buyer to buy a car off me even if he'd won the auction, turned up, and it wasn't as described etc.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I've bought five without seeing them first. Four I was happy with. One, a Jaguar, I rejected as despite a glowing description it was very rusty, and IMO almost ready for the scrapheap. I got my deposit back, and eBay accepted my reasons for doing so. So no negative feedback. Cheeky bugger still thought I should pay his listing fee though. Needless to say, I didn't. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Sold your van... don't want to buy a new one do ya? :-D

Reply to
Pete M

Nope. Sold it because there's no work for it.

Reply to
Doki

Ah well. Shame that.

Reply to