[OT] Forza Motorsport 2

Anyone else partaken in this yet? I have to say, I suspect it's better than any of the Gran Turismo series... Highlights include, one of the 'starter car' options been a 1990 Golf GTi Mk2 16v - which I chose :-) Mildly tweaked to 197bhp, with lots of suspension and drive train mods, and some really wide tyres - handles awesomely.

Reply to
Iridium

Is there a Passat B6? Steve could base all his car reviews on the game, driving them back to backwith the passat. He could then voice his opinions, but they might be a bit muffled as he could do it all sitting down.

Reply to
Elder

No, it's a racing game.

Reply to
Iridium

Wash your mouth out with soap. Don't you know that the reason why VW don't use the Passat in motorsport is because it's too quick for it. Just think: Alfa Romeo 75 and navigation rallies.

Reply to
DervMan

OoooOOOooooOOOOooOOooooo get her ! Someone's in need of a cup of coffee :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

The only cooling problems recently have been with your Alfa. The rangie did display lower than it should, but did work. The dashboards can fail, but there are DIY fixes. The aircon works but=20 not as cold as I would like. A proper service will sort that.

It might need a shim setting on 5 or 7 cylinder, but apparrently normal,=20 and not a worry. It is a normal service item, and Lexus advise if it=20 happens between services it doesn't need attention until the next=20 service. I'll get that done when I decide to do the cambelt.

It's a cheap car. If it fails the remains as a parts donor will sell for=20 most of what I paid for it in one job lot. I like it. Unless petrol goes=20 stupid, like =A31.20 a litre I can fuel it. I might not like paying out so= =20 much, but I can afford to.

TBH, I couldn't have bought anything german as smooth or in as good nick=20 or a reliable for the same money.=20

It's a lot more comfortable and interesting a place to be than the=20 Octavia, but not as chuckable as the Saab. Hangs on nicely though for a=20 barge.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Yes it arrived on Thursday morning (I didn't get back till 9pm though). Not exactly a sim racer but I'm enjoying it. My R32 Corrado is quit nice but nothing compared to my U class Mk4 golf with a 3.6 V6 delivering 701bhp to the rear wheels.

That said it's the classics I'm using to win races mainly the 914/6 and Dino so far.

I haven't spent long in the livelry editior yet:

A scary prospect:
Hmm this is one of the prize cars:
't the writing be the other way round?

Reply to
Depresion

*whooooosh*
Reply to
SteveH

That's the 0-300 Top Secret Supra :-p

Reply to
Iridium

Nope, its an S15

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1982 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1982 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Overpressurised header tank or broken radiator?

Reply to
Elder

Is there a dashboard interface?

Reply to
conkersack

Wasn't it the coolant gauge that was dodgy on your Toymota? - one of the hugely complex and expensive to repair or replace dials was playing up.....

Reply to
SteveH

wow the graphics look real on that last one! :)

Reply to
Vamp

In news:466c0471$0$5865$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, DervMan wittered on forthwith;

I used to do Nav runs in a 3.0 75.. and we used an insane Giulietta as a rally support vehicle. Both were regularly broken but the rally car used a

3.0 as well so they all ended up with tarmac rally spec lumps in.
Reply to
Pete M

Bollocks, looks like an Atari ST running 16 colour mode in 320x200 :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Amiga was better.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My bad, the 0-300 Supra is also there tho :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Far from it. Popped down to the Classic Ford show at Santa Pod with the Capper. Parked it on the club stand and spent a very nice day looking at machinery you'll never afford and watching the drag racing. Perfect weather. Even the food stalls weren't trying to screw everyone this year and they've proper toilets. Perfect day.

Reply to
Conor