OT:god this is turning into a slow week already.

Somebody buy a shit car, or at least enquire about one. Been 2 days since the last new thread, and that was merely Peter testing that he was actually still alive, and not imagining his own existance.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I should have my new one on Thursday or Friday. Just spent an hour pulling the stereo out of the WRX and putting in the one that I bought it with. Had a few offers on it and a guy at work is desperately trying to get finance for it so he can buy it. But so far no luck selling it.

Had a heap of calls about the Charger but no one seems to want to pony up the dough. Everyone who looks at it says it is in great condition but I think most of them are dreaming. I really hope I sell something by Thursday otherwise I'm going to have 4 cars and enough space to park 2.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I know that feeling. They see it, but can't afford it. Imagine that because I'm being honest about it beeing good overall, but needing specific welding it must be a shit heap, so they can beat me down even though I'm selling cheap.

Then they see it, and admit, it is worth at least what I'm asking, and they don't have that much.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Makes you want to strangle them. I can't imagine going to look at a car I wanted, liking it, being able to afford it and then walking away. I've had

2 of them so far on the Charger.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

OK, I might like to go think, or look at another first, but if I liked and it was as good, and I had the cash, certainly I would at least try to deal.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Quickish rather than fast. But bloody good handling. Not bad for a van engine. Wouldn't mind a tidy one. Early ones had 4 gears, manual windows etc.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yeah, what is it, around 120BHp in something just over a ton? It isn't going to be blisteringly quick. ISTR there was a turbo version, but I'm guessing they cost £more.

Hmmm.

Right. Cheers for that. All good mulling material.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Another one? I bought two last year...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Not sure, but I don't think they're mega money. Mate of mine bought a 924 turbo ages back for £150. Needed work, mind, mainly cosmetic though - engine ran bloody well, interior was good - just had a 928-style (I think) wide-arch kit that had had a lot of the prep-work done, but just wanted finishing off (basically the kit attaching, priming and spraying) really. Also wanted the valve guides doing (hence smoked a bit), but still ran well all the same. Reckoned it was reasonably quick. Came as one of a pair - the other was virtually a bare shell, but with a supposed good low mileage engine in it (all new gaskets etc, but no real proof of the miles) - he flogged 'em on ebay and got just under £700 for them. So I reckon you might get a half-decent one for around a grand, maybe nearer £1500.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The answer is stop being a pikey. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've still not fully worked out the answer...

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'll cleverly disguise a test in this reply, so as to try not to piss people off.

Posted at 1638 - I think it's actually gone the other way and started to put my posts in the future now. Also, earlier, a whole load of posts appeared from the past month or two, dated as today - anyone else on NTL get that?

Hmm, posting from the future? Someone get a DeLorean.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hum. Interesting...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Here's a mad suggestion (and if you can find one) - a BX GTi 16v 4x4 (or whatever exactly they were called).

Sort of RWD :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In fact, forget RWD and get a BX GTi 16v anyway - two currently on ebay, both look well looked after in good nick, one in the South, one in the North. Plenty for everyone :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just emailed the Southern guy. Damn you Pete!! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

We were in a similar situation last year - 5 cars taking up all the parking spaces :) Good luck gettinf rid of one!

On a different note, fancy going to have a look at a car for me?

it's any good just post it to the UK piece by piece :) In fact a few choice bits would be fine - you can keep the shell :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh. I'm being tempted by:

It's way over budget, and still got 2+ days to go. It's not even remotely sensible, but it is tempting.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

It does appeal. Damn, this is difficult.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I wonder if it comes with any parking tickets!!

Reply to
AstraVanMan