OT:Ipods

Guys, I promised wifey I'd get her an ipod a while back - not an iPhone. Which is the best option? I know less than fuck all about these things..
cheers
Mike P

I also knew nothing about them, so I bought a Classic. The Nano was small enough to be irritating IMO, especially if she's a reading glasses person like my mum who can use my Classic, just, but not my brothers Nano without her glasses. The Touch is just an expensive iPhone with no phone in it.
--
Dan B
<empty parking space>

My other half was well pleased with her Nano and there's enough space for a decent sized music collection. Also small enough to take to the gym or be in your pocket without getting in the way. Despite not being a huge fan I'm impressed with it, especially the screen - you could happily watch a movie / tv show on it if you felt the need, but only if you have good eyes (luckily I do:))
Dunno about the rest :)

Classic.
The Nanos don't have enough capacity to keep all your music on them all the time, so you have to plan what you'll want to listen to in advance.
Which kind of defeats the point in an iPod for me.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed

Get a touch, jailbreak it then fill it with free apps for everything from an inclinometer to a G-tech type device (there is one coming that will with the right lead plug into the OBD2 port). Like the rest of the iPod range there are much better options from other companies for MP3 players so if what she is after is an MP3 or MP4 player don't get an iPod.
Depresion wrote:

Heh, that would just confuse the hell out of her!
It looks like a classic is the best bet - she'll be able to see it properly with her dodgy eyes too.
Thanks for all the advice guys..
Mike P