OT:Littering

Had a nice letter through the post this morning stating the local council are taking me to court for littering, apparently I was seen at 9.04 am last Friday throwing a cig butt out of my window, it was not even a fixed penalty but a straight you are going to court, £2500 quid fine etc etc, criminal record blah blah.....

Here's the interesting bit.... I did not throw a cig butt out of my window at the time and place they are talking about, it is impossible as at 9.17am I was crossing the New Severn Bridge and have the toll booth ticket to prove it, I also witnessed a drive off at Magor Services at 9:30am and the ensuing police capture of offending car. I then stayed in Wales all day returning at approx 6pm. The location of the offence is Hotwell road in Bristol approx 19 miles from the bridge and a good 30 min + drive with no traffic, and Friday in Bristol at 9.04 am is rush hour so it would take an hour to get along the portway to the bridge. Also I live along side the M5 so would have no reason to even go to Bristol.

Anyone else ever been stitched up by some random Streetwise Clean team or do you thing my private plate has been cloned?

Weird huh.....

Reply to
Ronny

Pity you don't get fined for off topic posts and spam.

not really, which newsgroup did you want to post to? this one is for car modifications.

No, i think you need alt.spam or alt.test

Yes, you appear to be.

Reply to
Ian

My post states OFF TOPIC Spam - Does my post Start with "Jesus is coming soon"

It's more on topic then alot of posts, at least a "car" is involved..

Usenet convention defines spamming as excessive multiple posting, that is, the repeated posting of a message (or substantially similar messages).

Have you ever seen me multiple post????? You are welcome to check up I have posted in this group for approx 5 years, abiet not as much lately.

Thanks for your opinion....

Reply to
Ronny

Sounds like a cloned plate to me, I doubt anyone is gonna try making up littering offences, it's just not worth it. A high percentage of cases would be overturned due to tracker evidence etc.

Good luck in court :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Oh, I wondered how long it would take you to find your way over here.

Piss off back to where you came from.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I would say, have your day in court. Present your evidence. I bet the toll booths have CCTV and the service station forecourt which you should be able to request under the data protection act. As you are going to have to take a day off ask for loss of earnings, all costs, and your normal freelance rate which you charge when working in your own time, for the required evidence gathering time required, when you win the case.

Reply to
carl.robson
[snip]

Isn't there some Technology (tm) that enables your mobile phone company to show where in the country your phone is, so long as it's turned on? Triangulation or something. See if they can give you a record of this (I have no doubt such info is kept for a while by them / cynic). Wouldn't necessarily prove you were with the phone, but if the records could show that it is likely (i.e. providing proof that the phone was with you at the bridge & garage), then maybe it would help.

Good luck with it anyway.

P.S. Do you smoke?

Reply to
conkersack

I'd agree with that.

Unfortunately IIRC there is a limitation as to how much you can charge for amateur legal investigation, better to get a conditional fee arrangement with a lawyer, and really make them pay.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Pity you never clean under your bridge.

Reply to
Elder

Of course ::)

But it wasn't me who was where they say I was..

Reply to
Ronny

Isn't it just.

He's not the one who's both proud, and turned on by his own mum's ability to chug cum...

Reply to
DanB

LOL yeah. Should be fun.

Reply to
Elder

I don't want to know which group you were reading to find that out.

Reply to
Elder

The Discounts and Bargains group, she was offering to give head, and pay for it. Although it was all through a glory hole, as no one could *ever* get wood if they saw her...

Reply to
DanB

In Court you will be asked more searching questions and being disingenuous will not help you, not that you are being, but some people would be in this situation. For example, your car: was it with you, miles away, or not? If left at home, who may have had access to it in your absence? No visitors from overseas please!

Reply to
Mark W

Hence getting the cctv footage from the petrol station and the toll bridge as well as the ticket from the toll bridge.

Reply to
Elder