OT Netbooks - which one?

But the difference with the Samsung is that the extra 3 cells don't hang out of the bottom of the laptop like a hernia.

Where?

Why are you installing a computer that comes with a pre-installed OS?

What size is the keyboard?

Reply to
Conor

Probably because they run a corporate license and want to re-master all machines to have the same drive image when supplied to end users.

Reply to
SteveH

Fair enough.

Reply to
Conor

Look on google for NC10 wireless problems, it's mainly netgear related and has been fixed now , but I had no end of problems, all my customers use netgear routers and the fix wasn't out then.

I roll out lots of NHS builds as I work in the dental industry so they have a standard build, I have also installed about 100 netbooks over the last 6 months and I love the NC10 I am not denying that, I was just giving my opinion on sub 250 quid netbooks, if you got £330 to spend then the Samsung is a great choice.

I have not looked, both work well for me but the op was looking for a netbook for £250 and I was just saying you can't go wrong with the 2133 as long as you can make a USB Windows XP install key, or have a external cd rom.

Reply to
Ronny

No, it comes with Linux unfortunately.

Reply to
DanB

It works flawlessly out of the box on my sister's Acer netbook, this is the only one I've had experience with so maybe it's not a representative sample?

I've had no problems with Ubuntu on this laptop either. I couldn't get my iPod to mount on my desktop machine but this turned out to be a problem with the PC rather then the OS.

Reply to
Abo

Create a network share on the Windows PC that requires a password to access. Now try to connect to the network share with the Ubuntu laptop, browsing the network in Nautilus as you would in Windows.

Good luck.

Reply to
Conor

This apparently is the easiest to install.

Goes onto Dell netbooks easily.

Reply to
Elder