OT: Practical Classics

I once read in PPC how the editor was sacked from Practical Classics for wanting to do PPC. And I also remember letters in Practical Classics about how modded cars were very bad and wrong. The other day I saw Practical Classics in the supermarket. Eating their words...

Reply to
Doki

Will quit, he liked modified cars. He did a one off special free magazine called RPM. It was free with an issue of PC, it was a little like PPC and Retro Cars Mag. People loved it, and concourse owners thought it was great keeping the modding out of PC, modders thought it was great not having to suffer from "Duffers" moaning on the letters page. The suits didn't like it, and said they prefered PC to be less performance and less classic, so they made it tricky for Will. So he resigned, basically he was pushed out. So he, Danny as staff, along with Dave Walker (Emerald/CCC magazine R.I.P) and oldsworthy (PC eastern european car weirdo) as writers setup PPC.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2