OT (Sort of): Sending Car Components, Via The Mail...

...or any other carrier.

Any recommendations as to one that won't do its best to destroy even the best packaged efforts?

Also, sending hefty panels, such as bonnets, doors etc. - is there a realistic option out there, or is it best to just insist the buyer has to collect?

TIA

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Parcelforce aren't too bad.

Reply to
fishman

Last year a guy posted a bonnet to me using Royal Mail Standard Parcels from Glasgow to Derby. He used plenty of bubble wrap, and it arrived in perfect condition. Only cost =A310 too...

Reply to
Andy Tucker

You're having a laugh?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They aren't called Parcelfarce for nothing you know.

how about trying to deliver a parcel with duty on, but nobody there to pay it. So are-arranging delivery for 4 days time when there would be, then no delviering, then losing the parcel, then claiming they couldn't find the address, then losing the parcel, and eventually getting it there another week later.

Or another parcel with duty on. Nobody home, and duty to pay so they won't redirect to local postoffice. So I ring, and explain I can't get to the depot. So they take the duty and redirect fee over the phone, and the postoffice I want to pick up from. I'm told it will be there next day after 2pm. So I call in after work and get told it hasn't arrived yet.

3 days later after chheckign every day, I ring them back. "Hmm yes, they have taken the money, Hmm yes, they have marked it for re-direct, Hmm, they haven't said where you want it going, is it in Liverpool?" I ask you, how stupid.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Pack them up very well, with loads of polystyrene etc., and buy a roll of stickers that say in very large letters "FRAGILE: GLASS".

Should do the trick :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It'll get used as a football!

Reply to
DervMan

Or arrange to meet half way?

Or we can arrange some kind of parcel chain via Usenet? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Red rag to a bull...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

true, ive done a spot of depot work for most of the big parcel companies, and I was taught to kick/throw/punch the parcels into the lorry, and ones marked fragile take special care to smash the f*ck out of it first...

and this is common practise

Reply to
Theo