[OT] what's the dattery life realy like?

now thats a knee breaker

Reply to
Rob

Must resist temptation to give visa a hart attack. But 7.8 kg! according to google that's only just light enough to be put in a washer/dryer combo.

Reply to
Depresion

The good news is it's got a Core Duo rather than a P4 like my current ball baker.

Reply to
Depresion

Sod that, get a proper computer:

That's a bloody bargain.

Reply to
SteveH

HFM for a 2nd hand laptop? Doesn't even have a real OS installed. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Pfff, that's a bit limp.

Now that is where it's at...

Reply to
DanTXD

It's just like the Rock one (but more expensive and better looking) with a little 19" screen. Any bets on the first 42" wide screen plasma laptop?

Reply to
Depresion

Have you ever seen Apple 'refurb' kit? - it's just like new - we bought an iPod from the refurb store and it was as good as new, but with 30-odd percent off the new price.

If you have a copy of XP, then you can download bootcamp and have a seriously capable machine running OSX *and* XP - which is as good a reason as any for buying one, IMHO.

The MacBook and MacBook Pro make most higher end WinTel laptops look a bit silly.

Reply to
SteveH

Makes my little D410 with 12.1" screen and 5 hours battery life look a bit lame :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'd be tempted if I knew I could get my normal discount on that, stick in an extra gig of ram and the MacBook screens are defiantly top notch.

Reply to
Depresion

Actually even without my discount I'm thinking about it.

Reply to
Depresion

Plus you can do funky things, like set up the motion sensor to switch between OSX and Windows when you tap the side of the screen, oh, and look at iSpaz. Lighting effects in time to music using the keyboard backlights. Genius.

Reply to
SteveH

One thing that did catch my attention at a recent show was talking to one of the blokes from Rock he suggested there SLI laptop may be treated to twin Quadra cards ideal for a bloke like me with 3d cad to get done. Though he didn't give a time frame.

Reply to
Depresion

english-speaking

Why? The word "definitely" seems correct on my spell checker, not that I ever bother using it. It wouldn't have corrected the word "defiantly" as that's actually a word.

No, that would be a bit optimistic :-P

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh, you've have to be a fat bastard to have a lap big enough for a laptop that has a 42" screen :)

Reply to
getbent

Being a fat bastard I'm going to take that as an insult. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

You want it curved, with you/keyboard at centre of curvature, for the immersive gaming/movie/microsoft word experience :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

In what way?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Where's the Mac to compare to this?

Reply to
ThePunisher

The ability to boot 3 OSs in native, not emulated modes, the build quality, the quality of the bundled software that comes with OSX, the fact that you can run OSX 99% of the time for normal use and only switch into XP when you really have to...... and not forgetting the ability to run XP at near native speeds in a window on your desktop as a virtual machine.

The cost vs performance looks really good value, too.

Reply to
SteveH