OT: Wish I'd thought of it.....

Anyone remember hearing about the 21-year-old guy from Wiltshire that set out to flog a million pixels at a dollar each? Well he's now pretty much reached his target, with demand outstripping supply:

"Some are wondering why I don't open a second page. Well, I won't do that because I am determined to maintain the integrity and degree of exclusivity intrinsic to the million-pixel concept. Therefore, I am doing the most fair and logical thing and auctioning the last 1,000 pixels off on eBay."

Fair play to him. Lucky git!

AstraVanMan

lol

bugger.

Reply to
Theo

sorry, but why would you indulge this weirdo? Why! Why not pay about =A310 and have an entire website yourself?

Nick

Reply to
NickD

It's a little thing called publicity. If you can buy a catchy domain name, knock up a website on free hosting and get as many visitors to that as he's had to his site, then good for you. But lots of people have seen genuine results from advertising on there.

And yes, it is a fad, and the hype will die down, but even in the relatively short time the site's been popular, a hell of a lot of people say that it ended up being money very well spent.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Because you would get few visitors. And...

They already have websites. And more importantly...

Because a link from a high google page rank site gives your own site a higher page rank in the search results. So indirectly it adds more visitors from the big search engines as well as direct hits. So its actually very cheap!

Reply to
Burgerman

I can remember what you're replying to, but just a polite request - can you quote what you're replying to like I've done here - just makes it easier for people to follow things. Ta :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

fairy nuff - that told me!!

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Indeed, I saw 'Absinth' and that page, clicked on it and found a absinth shop which I'm gonna order some cool stuff from. Wouldnt have found it otherwise!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs