Ovlov T5

I drilled some holes in the brake discs guards the other day. And tomorrow i'm fitting a map light. And the day after that I might re-wire my headlights. Oh and i just put some new tyres on that are a whole 1cm wider than the old ones! Not to mention the spark plug hole thread i 'modded' on the cylinder head a few weeks ago! Modder extraordinaire, that's me!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Seen my Escort recently ? ;)

Tony Bond

BTW it's been "modded" since that pic, R1 mirrors and stainless mesh instead of B&Q's finest green plastic garden stuff ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

285mm brake conversion, up from 259mm.

New ECU from holland with larger injectors and 2bar map sensor to replace the pressure switch and 5th injector.

Smoked rear clusters and side repeaters on the A4.

First 2 are proper mods :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

That small??? Mine are 305 front 288 rear as standard ....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

As is the Turbo, but it's got more mid-range.

So ?

Er, in what way ?

Reply to
Nom

Pedant.

Reply to
Nom

But it's not.

We're not gonna have the power/torque debate again are we ?

The V6 may well have 230bhp - but it's not exactly usable when it sits at the 7000rpm mark !

Reply to
Nom

A 4-potter will never be as smooth and refined as a decent V6.

Sound is a big part of driving for me.

As above. Sound, smoothness.

It's an Alfa V6. Say no more.

Reply to
SteveH

Huh?

I think you mean six pots full stop.

6-pot turbot... much better ;)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

You have a point, but there's not many inline 6s out there these days, and we were comparing an Alfa V6 with a Saab Turbot.

Reply to
SteveH

Are there any, other than BMW?

Reply to
Grant

In news: snipped-for-privacy@eunomia.uk.clara.net, Grant decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Lexus do a few, Volvo do one or two, TVR do one,,

Reply to
Pete M

Yeah, forgot about the Lexus, bit of an oddity that one.

Didn't know Volvo had a straight 6 in their lineup, as the last time I looked at a Volvo 6 potter it had a Renault V6 in it.

As for TVR, it's hardly mainstream, is it? - sound utterly lovely, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Volvo S80.. Transverse straight 6 with an end on gearbox... strange stuff, but they go well.

Not mainstream enough if you ask me. I'd rather be dealing with broken TVRs all day than broken VWs...

Reply to
Pete M

Oh... only last night, was I having my first drive of my mates freshly completed Skyline engined S13 200SX... inline six with a turbot... :D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I disagree, many people were fooled by my spacewagon thinking it had more than the 4 cyl it had - was about as well balanced as an engine could be.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lol. So you're the one ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

No, not many, BMW, TVR, Toyota / Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Nissan all spring to mind...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Volvo S80 and XC90 T6, only transverse straight six as far as I know. Twin sequential turbo setup also...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp