People are so gullible.

I just recieved this email! Please read! People are so gullible.

----- Original Message ----- From: "name removed" snipped-for-privacy@removed.com To: Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:24 AM

dear expert, > > Ive just recieved a nitrous kit that uses n20 whip > cream things. Would it be a good idea to hook it up to > my everyday car? > >

This is the link for the auction i won! > > I ask beacause you have adverts on your site. > hanks for the feedback in advance..... > R.Evans
1st it will not work! 2nd it could damage your motor because it will cause heat and preignition without correctly atomised additional fuel added at the same time... But since its for just 5 secs (claimed but not even possible!) it means you should just about get away with it.

3rd it takes 1 lb of nitrous to produce 10bhp for 60 secs. This is simple physics and chemistry. So it takes 10 lb of nitrous to produce the claimed 60bhp for 60 secs. So this means that to do 5 seconds you need approx 0.8 of a lb of nitrous, or say 9.6 ounces. How many ounces of nitrous does your cannister hold??? MUCH less than 1 ounce!

And...

If no additional fuel is added at the same time for the extra oxygen locked up in the Nitrous Oxide to consume no extra power can be produced anyway. So even if you did have enough to have any effect it STILL wouldn't work!

Plus...

The main power increase comes from the charge cooling effect. But you would have hardly any! Because the first few seconds of operation is gas - not liquid into the motor as the Nitrous tries to "cool" the pipework and inlet system and in doing so turns from liquid to gas...

Hope this helps! Sorry but theres one born every minute!

|__ ( o )\_

Burgerman

My old-fashioned linear arithmetic suggests it would take 6lb.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Err oops....

You are correct of course! Maths is not my strong point. Still MILES from being correct though!

Reply to
Burgerman

Those NO-bottles look very very similar to the 12 grams CO2-cartridges for airpistols, paintball-guns, fire-extinguishers and stuff.

I could be wrong but then I could be right.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Yep they are. So 12 grams... Ooo thats good for their claimed "60bhp shot" for about 2 cylinders once each.... And without fuel...

Reply to
Burgerman

preignition

In light of new info (12 grams of N20) which is 0.0321 of a pound.... IF you were to add fuel as well, at the correct time and ratio somehow (which this "kit" doesn't!), it would give the claimed 60bhp extra for:

1 poung gives 10 bhp for one min. 1 pound gives 60 bhp for ten secs... 12 grams is 0.0321 of a pound so it would work for just over 0.3 of a second...

Cool! Yer mates would be impressed - not.

Reply to
Burgerman

The NO whipped cream "whippets" are 10cm3, 8g net.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Oooo Then they are even more rediculous! I might start selling these! What fun - all the really stupid people will send me money...

Reply to
Burgerman

What about homeopathy nitrous injection then?

It's mixed a thousand times with the air first, so that it is a catalytic effect instead of simply brute force, and is reputed to give up to 100 bhp per small tube bolted to the underside of the bonnet (doesn't even have to be connected to the inlet tract, or indeed the engine at all, to have its full effect.

And you can add them together, the net effects are cummulative.

Additionally, insurance companies charge nothing extra for these homeopathy mods so you can declare them without a fear of the premiums going up.

I should start selling some on ebay I think.

Reply to
antispam

It looks fine to me.

The Dragonballs kit, well, it's basically a sodastream machine to "add bubbles" to your engine, although the advert doesn't say if the co2 cannisters have to connect to the engine or whatnot.

Reading the advert carefully.

It doesn't claim any power increase, and the warranty is limited to you sending back the kit. Sure, you pay for the shipping from america, and pay for it to be shipped back, and they'll give you back the winning bid cost that you paid for the kit itself which they'll sell to someone else.

Except you already used it, else how can you be dissatisfied? It's clearly "one shot" disposable cartridges which, well, are used up now eh? They're not refundable. But even then, I could send out magic pixies in a box and if you pay shipping and returns, I'm not losing anything from you and make my money on the lamerz who continue to insist, against all the odds, that their tiny little learner driver motor "has nitrous" and just make their claim without actually taking on anything with an engine larger than 1 litre.

Everyone wins. Up to a point.

I laughs, verily, merrily I laughs.

Reply to
antispam

Believe me, some idiot will buy them....

God (???) keeps on making better idiots...

Reply to
Burgerman

Are you sure you aren't confusing that with placebo nitrous injection?

-- James

Reply to
James

Or the CO2 bottles from self inflating life jackets.

-- James

Reply to
James

What about this bit, "If you are looking for a HP boost that is NOT a threat to your engine and is easy to install and use, then this is the kit for you!"

Reply to
Homer

Well the HP claim "would" work ish, if it was set up extremely badly and had enough exess fuel for 60bhp already, and only for .3 of a second...

And it IS a threat to 99.9 percent of cars because they are not set up too rich already. So if they are close to detonation it may be enough to start it off...

Reply to
Burgerman

You're forgetting about the calorific value of the whipped cream. Could we be looking at a future where engines die of arteriosclerosis?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thats based on a mail i posted AGES ago!!!!!! Who is the scum bag ripping off other peoples thoughts. Ok chaps ... go onto googles usenet search, type in

FEo2 Welder

Not in my case they all seemed to die of more severe deseases.

One of mine died of running over the crankshaft (FAR FAR FAR too much Nitrous! FAR FAR FAR to low rpm) Having fun on a breakers yard V8 rover. Cheap! And its how to learn.

Or detonated to death...Pistons, rings, valves, plugs, all melted/bust etc Cause? Beer night before at York raceway.(Shell optimax, wrong fuel can! the C14 was in the same sort of plastic containers) 15,5 to 1 compression,

140bhp nitrous on an all out nutty competion drag bike. Not my own as it happens! How we all laughed that one was expensive! No standard bits there....

And in one case an extra crancase ventilation breather hole... Not enough gears, long downhill bit on the M63 going from west to east. RPM a bit "high" The bit of con rod that was on the left crank punched holes in every bloody thing, including sump, engine case, etc. Oil, water everywhere. And it did it at very high speed WITHOUT nitrous... First I knew was lots of sudden smoke and vibration. 4 speed sierra 1.6 pinto. So next was 2 litre. Then V8 rover, etc...

Reply to
Burgerman

I managed that in a Dolomite Sprint, a hole about 6in by 9in. It's very impressive when it happens, isn't it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Err yes but not for very long...

Reply to