Perfect

Yes but we'll have a turning circle like an oil tanker.

Reply to
DervMan

Well from a day to day perspective I agree but on the track the 7x15s with a gimpy turning circle are better than limiting top speed and grip with a 6x13 fitment from what I have been told by track day veterans and motorsport drivers in the berg cup, although to be fair they're cars purpose built for hillclimb with one purpose only, to go up a hill as fast as possible on slick tyres :)

Reply to
REMUS

Well I do have some hard facts on the subject associated with mk2 golfs (pressure applied vs wheel width...etc) now although in retrospect I should have taken into account the Ka is proberbly has very different handleing charecteristics.

Reply to
REMUS

That's not really relevant though. One, with 15" wheels I'd be wanting

195/45s. With a 13" size I can use 185/60s. Both have around and about the same circumference. But all things being equal the 13s will weigh less. Less unsprung weight is a good thing. :)

In theory, 195/45/15s will offer better grip than 185/60/13s but only through a better, higher performance tyre design.

If they weigh more (as they probably will) the quality of ride will worse, so on a rough road you'll have less grip.

Reply to
DervMan

um... good in a straight line :)

Reply to
REMUS

Me to, it's a hobby of mine...

;)

Reply to
Remus

Well it ought to be if you want to drive quickly over a series of twisty corners, rather than attempt to look blingin' phat wiv yer wimmen.

Reply to
DervMan

I don't really feel the desire to be a nerdy wannabe race car driver nor do I see the need to weigh a ka's wheel.

Reply to
Theo

I would rather have stability, grip and strength in the form of some heavy

7x15 compomotives MOs. Besides if I had a Ka I wouldn't take it to a track day, or infact put myself in a position where I would need that little bit extra grip.

Just buy yourself a set of 13" oem wheels that fit and have the right ET and put a set of cheap slicks on or somthing!

Reply to
Remus

And a turning circle like an oil tanker? :)

Heh. Why ever not? Power is the last thing you need on a track day...

Reply to
DervMan

NASCAR anyone?

Reply to
Conor

NASCAR what ?

AFAIK Theo hasn't posted a link to a NASCAR....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Slicks aren't allowed on track days - you have to use road-legal rubber.

Reply to
SteveH

That's why I have semi slicks. Pretty much slicks with small grooves in them. I might chuck them on the WRX again in summer. In winter they are interesting to say the least.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

i love NASCARS, u just dont see a lot of them driving around. :O

Reply to
Theo

They're 14s so I guess they're no good. No idea about ofset stuff, but they used 185 rubber

:)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs