Lancia Delta Integrale

I'm very nearly buying one, 91H, 98000kms, 2 owners, FSH inc. recent T/Belt, suspension bushes etc.

The car is mint and completely standard apart from a mildly upgraded stereo system.

Anythin in particular i should look out for?

I know they say they're one of the quickest point to point machines but how do the compare time wise to other 2.0 Turbos?

Ta muchly :)

-- Chet

Chet

It's Italian so, rust, rust and rust again......

Electrics. Obviously. Just check everything works. By now, if anything was knackered it's most likely been fixed.

The engine is based on the Fiat 'Lampredi' Twin-cam that was introduced in the 124 / Spider way back in the 1960s, so it's pretty strong. Just the usual checks you'd do on any engine, really. At 98kms it's barely run-in, so only the Turbo to worry about. Watch for servicing costs - they can be horrific.

As for the interior - alcantara isn't the hardest wearing stuff, so look for wear on the driver's seat - a dead giveaway of a clocked car there. If it's still nice and new looking, then the mileage is genuine.

Accident damage can be a problem on an Integrale - possibly worth getting a full geometry check done. And I've heard things about the torque flexing and cracking the shell around the B and C pillars - but this is rare.

Beware of cheap ones.... they're usually sheds.

Well, they're not _that_ quick at the top end. Mid 130s, ISTR. Mainly because the shell has all the aerodynamics of a barn door. Acelleration is still in the supercar leauge.

Not much competition, really - it's a full 4 seater with Supercar handling, so only the Audi Coupe Quattro, Scooby Impreza and Mitzubishi Evo come close.

As for the rest of the 2lt Turbo opposition, they can forget it..... Escort Cossie never really had the handling finesse to match it's looks, Saab T16 is FWD (but it's almost as quick), and the Rover 620Ti is, well, a bit 'hom' really.

I'd have a good Integrale...... but, just a thought - what's insurance like in Pikey-land?

Usual long and rambling reply ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I haven't given it a full checkover for rust but so far so good, bein italian i guess there's no certain place to check, just everywhere ;)

Only thing i seen was a flashing handbrake light and intermittent reversing lights

Interior is mint, drivers seat fabric has got a little stretched on the base but very little. The rear carpets still have their protective plastic on lol

We it IS cheap but bein in the trade i should hope so ;)

Sure feels it, pulls very smooth too which i was surprised at.

Excellent :D With a bit of luck the saxo boys will think its an Uno too...

And the integrale is a bit like the LC int it, either you know what it is or you don't, if you do you give respect :)

Awful, i was quoted 3.8k on a Saxo vts (out of curiousity!) Couldn't get quoted on me 19 and was 2.2 on a daewoo matiz. (23, 6yrs drivin, no claims)

Trade policies really are underrated :)

-- Chet

Chet

Chet waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

think more.... Lotus or TVR and you'll be getting there...

Reply to
Pete M

Done ;)

-- Chet

Chet

This been the same one you tried to sell me earlier? :)

Stop been a big girl and buy it :) Clearly and genuinely one of the greatest cars *EVER* created on gods green earth.

Reply to
Dan405

Dan405 waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Oh, one other thing, if it's ever been registered H569WUY in the UK, don't buy it. It's a piece of shit, and the one I crashed. I only mention this because it ended up in Northern Ireland...

Reply to
Pete M

Buy it, then invite me ther for a ride in it. :P Or if you've got balls the size of Matt's, invite me to drive it (yet to actually get down to leicester mind).

Reply to
Doki

A. It's a Lancia. B. It's Italian.

You need to look out for EVERYTHING. They have a very poor reliability record, and build-quality is pants. Having said that, if it's all good, then you can't go wrong (until it breaks) - they're excellent cars, and hold their value very well.

They're nutter-fast - buy it !

Reply to
Nom

LOL - the 620 TI and Saab T16 are hardly in the same class as an Integrale !

The 2.0 Turbo lumps are the only similarities :)

Escort Cossie is, I suppose, but as you said, the Integrale is a much better car (until it breaks).

Reply to
Nom

Yep, the Integrale, and those listed above just about cover my "I will own at some time" list with one or two additions.

Always wanted a rear engine Skoda, done that, want another better one at sometime. Always wanted a Saab 900 T16, got one. Drives well, spooks scoobs through the gears on the motorway and has very nice handling for a bigish FWD car. Want more from it, keeping for a while I think. Realy like this car. Wouldn't mind owning a Saab 9k Aero and a 900T16 Convertable, they weren't on my mental top list, but somewhere on the edge.

A Porsche 911 is somewhere on the list, even if I just bought it, owned it for a couple of months and sold it on.

A Ferrari would be nice, but I don't need a second mortgage.

The Integrale is a brutally beautiful manly car just like a Sport Quattro.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

First letters the same but the rest if different LOL I've just been going thru the service history. There's a folder full of receipts for services/tyres/alarm services/exhausts/tyres, lots and lots and LOTS of stuff.

Now the bad news...the da has deamed a LHD car to be unsafe and has put his foot down. Its times like this i wish i wasn't the youngest son of an over-protective father :(

He doesn't understand that its a one time chance for me to own my second favourite dream car (after the Audi RS2)

If i wasn't relyin on him financially for it (see below, all me cash went into the 19) i'd have it in a second and face the consequences after!

For the money i've spent on the 19 so far i could've had this, you people should have told me! OK well some did but anyway ;)

Now, who wants to give me da a buzz, he's a nice bloke :)

-- Chet

Chet

Bugger :-(

Promise him you'll sit in the passenger seat and drive it from there, using a broom handle to press the pedals.

O.k. I can practise the famous irish arguing technique;

*Dring dring, dring dring...* "Hullo there, Chet's da speakin" "Hullo Chet's dad. Let chet have the lancia" "No." "Go on." "Never" "ahh, Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on........"

might work : )

How's the 19 going, btw? Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Offer him a "Cup of Tea".

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

He's not much of a tea drinker :(

I'm gonna tackle him when i see him next, just gotta figure out the good points of an integrale without mentioning the performance or handling...

-- Chet

Chet

Well, it isn't that great at top end. The 4wd handling makes it a very safe car.

And you can't drive fast if you are constantly in the workshop welding or wiring it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

That'll be...erm...well, obviously you've got the...ehhh, and it's a bit...y'know, and it's, well it's definitely got wheels, and that's always a good thing, and seats an that....

Reply to
Jamesy

4WD is a very good point. I'd use the point "power to overtake safely" except he'd come back with the usual of not bein able to see around the cars i wanna pass

Oh he'd be delighted about that, especially as the both the 19 and the 21 are now takin up space in there. TBH i don't think i'm ready (mentally/physically/financially) for a car like that!

I just wish they wouldn't park it where i can see it from the office :(

Think i'll just get the ren's goin then think about another car. Ooh will post about the 19 and 21 now, gotta keep yis updated ;)

-- Chet

Chet

snip

Aye, but you've "only" got "the da" to convince...wait till you're trying to convince "the missus"! :-(

"But why would you want an old Capri?"

"'Cos it's got a Ford smallblock V8" *

"And...?"

Sheesh.

Jamesy

Have you driven it on the fleet insurance yet?

Take it out for a back lane spin. Scare yourself. If it is too much take it back and leave it. If it leaves pumped and wanting more, you'll think of an arguement to get it.

But don't pine for it until you've driven it properly first, you might actually hate it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo