ping Adrian

What's the gear lever on a DS like to use?

(idle question, I'm not thinking of getting one :-) )

Reply to
Clive George

"Clive George" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Manual box - not too bad at all, for a column change. Semi-auto box - absolutely, utterly, thoroughly gorgeous.

You know you want one.

I spent some time over the weekend cruising around with a mate in his new acquisition. He's just sold a very nice DS, and replaced it with...

a 1986 Wartburg 353 Tourist estate. Two smoke, of course. In bright tangoed orange.

I love it.

Reply to
Adrian

Nowt wrong with a smelly old Warty. They can be made to go quite well.

Reply to
Elder

Only driven the type with no clutch pedal - and it worked fine. For a column change. Can't see the manual being much different.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Nowt wrong in a "So shit it's hilarious" kinda way.

Reply to
Adrian

I want a Zaporozhets. They'll be far more hilarious than a Wartburg if your logic is right.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Any car that comes with a hatch in the floor for ice-fishing without actually getting out of the car HAS to score highly on that scale...

Reply to
Adrian

Just googled an image and nearly lost my lunch.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston