I think when I get setup in my new house

As well a project car/van/hearse, I'm going to need to get the bar built pretty sharpish.

I feel the urge to get into home brewing, a batch or two of Turbo cider to drink quick, then some mead on the go for long term consumption, and a couple of different ale kits for variety.

I miss homebrewing.

Reply to
Elder

Hmm I remember when I first moved into somewhere on my own, having to pay 100% of the bills and rent meant I was so skint I could hardly afford to run one car. In fact I downgraded my car three times until my boss felt sorry for me and gave me a payrise. I had all sorts of plans, even got a place with a double-length garage below the flat. Took me 2 years to get back on my feet financially after that mistake : (

Yeah!! And cos where I live has an AGA cooker, I have a constant warm temperature kitchen in which to do it. I used to brew at university. Beer brewed with demerara sugar... strong but you wouldn't know from the taste, tastes excellent!

Reply to
fishman

At Uni we made up a generic ale kit. As it happens, we must have done something right, because Lager, Bitter, and Stout drinkers liked it. Even Cider drinkers reckoned it was "OK, can I try some more".

The Turbo Cider I mentioned is a quick ferment cider made from supermarket apple juice, cold tea, concentrated lemon juice and yeast. Tastes like proper Cider, not mass produced Cider and works out about

26p a pint.

Mead is just honey(cheap stuff will do), water, yeast and time (between

3 months and 3 years depending on how it tastes after the first maturation).

Beer I'll just do from kits for the first few batches.

Should help save the pennies.

Reply to
Elder