Ping Elder

How does this sound:

Citroen C5 2.2HDI Exclusive auto.

75k miles, long MOT, new tyres. Alloys, leather, electric everything, climate, cruise blah, blah, blah. 2002, 52 plate in very dark grey metallic. £2795.

For sale at CTV Manchester. 0161 6841532.

It's on the 'trader if you want to take a look.

I'd say it's perfect for what you want.

Reply to
SteveH

Can't be arsed snipping the link, here you go:

Reply to
SteveH

Hehe - that still wrapped for me :) I think it's url:

To make it work for absolutely everyone, regardless - that was .

Reply to
DanB

url:

That one may not have leather, I was confusing it with this one, which does:

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I wouldn't touch a 2.2HDi C5 with somebody else's bargepole, unless it was cheap-cheap-cheap. And that isn't.

The 2.2 not only has a DMF, but an early-style particulate filter (needs topping up with expensive special fluid) and a variable-vane turbo. It's considerably thirstier than the 2.0HDi, and not THAT much quicker. With the exception of the direct petrol injection 2.0 HPi, it's the last engine you want to be looking for in a C5.

Oh, and it's a C5. Unless you're VERY friendly with a damn good auto- electrician with top-notch multiplexing skills and a PSA diagnostic/ reprogramming box, don't. Just... don't.

I know plenty of people who are selling C5s and buying late Xants - the HDi or 2.1TD especially.

Reply to
Adrian

url:

S'nothing to do with the - even if SteveH did it, his links wouldn't work on OE since they'll always get line breaks in the middle which OE can't cope with.

Yours doesn't have any breaks in it, coz MS think it's supposed to work that way.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Since they got shot down by the CitroenFetishIsti, I'll put forward these methods of cheap motoring. Not that inspiring, and I dunno about the auto boxes but -

url:

?R=200826313189935&distance=178&postcode=YO14+0LH&channel=CARS&make=FORD&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=3000&max_mileage=80000url:
?R=200829314496923&distance=177&postcode=YO14+0LH&channel=CARS&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=3000&max_mileage=80000url:
:-)

Reply to
DanB

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

£2200 for a NINE year old diesel Ashtray...!

THREE GRAND for an EIGHT year old diesel Golf?

£2800 for an ELEVEN year old Pissat?

FFS, we obviously have VERY different definitions of "cheap motoring".

THIS is mine...

Adrian

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah, sorry. Missed that.

Any other criteria I missed? Or will...

do?

There's only 1,100

Reply to
Adrian

It's a bit slow, but otherwise, ideal.

Reply to
SteveH

That does sound OK, and there a couple local to me too.What is the C5=20 like as a car to own? Anyone driven one?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

That was what I found, when looking at within 40 miles (so Alison could drive me to look, and if it was shed walk away and not worry about buses/trains etc), they were all ex Taxis, leggy merc (which is better than a leggy 4x4), or import 4x4s.

I would consider a manual again, as I'm driving now, but it seems a shame to waste a good torquey diesel by pumping my leg, whether it is a

4x4, a tdi vag car, or a big merc.
Reply to
Elder

Ah, OK, that's buggered that then. The C5 was one of the cars that I thought looked ok.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Run away. Don't walk. Run.

Yes. When I woke up again...

Not one of Citroen's high points.

Reply to
Adrian

Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-63-240-4294967130-4294967263/

Reply to
DanB

A friend of mine had a 110HDi Estate. Not as economical as you would hope and not really oddball enough to have character to forgive its foibles.

It has Hydropneumagic suspension but conventional brakes and (I think) steering. The pump is electric and the system is controlled electronically so you don't get the comforting clicks and hisses from the engine pump and associated valves.

A Citroen engineered to be socially acceptable. I had a BX around the same time, it was much more entertaining, but no good really for solid economical transport.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That bad? A colleauge had one from new, and liked it enough to trade in for another one. With the 2.2 HDI too. Never went in it, but he had little trouble with it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris Bartram gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm probably being unfair.

Good for him. I've got friends who are on their second (or more) C5s, too. But not for me...

Reply to
Adrian