Ping Elder

You want the PH 'shed of the week', you do.

Lots of 80s cool for 500 quid.

SteveH

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate SteveH, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Scarily, I think he could be right..

Reply to
Pete M

About 4 years back I was looking for one. Julian of this parish had one, that I went to look at, along with his stunning quattro, to see if I would like one.

Loads of fantastic room in them, and they do feel really comfy. Now though I guess I would buy one and regret it not being a quattro turbo.

Reply to
Elder

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Elder, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

ur-Quattros are going to be big bucks from now on though, and judging by my experiences of them they make your Toyota look like an economy car to run.

I've never owned a Quattro, but when I had my Integrales a mate of mine had about 5 Quattros in succession. They all cost a fortune to fix on a very regular basis - even compared to Integrales. A lot more comfy though.

Reply to
Pete M

Anybody want to buy a kidney.

Elder

I think you might like this

Elder

But would it stop you owning one?

Reply to
Elder

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Elder, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

It /did/ stop me from owning one. Stopped my mate from owning his ones eventually. He had a few Integrales, then went back to Cosworths.

Not many cars that scare me off owning them, but John's Quattros managed it.

Reply to
Pete M

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Elder, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

The chap I bought that old Merc 500SEL from had one of those.

I think I'd rather go for this

Pete M

That's stupidly over-priced.

Last time I found one of those for sale, it was a sub £1k banger.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh you bastard, I'm supposed to be doing sensible this time round. That looks so perfect, no stop it.

Nah, wouldn't save me any money.

Reply to
Elder

Remember that there is the coupe quattro, ie the coupe GT but with quattro transmission. It's not turbocharged, but better suited perhaps to those with problems in the purse strings department :-)

Always make sure you go for the 5 cylinder, some coupes came with the 4 cylinder (Golf) engine and sound horrid. remember that 1/2 the fun of the things is the 5 cylinder engine sound.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I remember it well.

I really know I shouldn't be there are loverly motors.

Reply to
Elder