Re: Internet censorship in the UK

> But how can you know that, when you are not permitted to know which

>> sites have been censored and for what reason, and the decision has >> been made unilaterally without any debate? > >Use an anonymous foreign proxy?

Yes, I have just started to do that on occasion, and it will be interesting to see whether I discover discrepencies in search results or blocked IP addresses. It slows down web-browsing too much to do so routinely, but I'm starting to switch to using a proxy when doing searches of subjects that are contemporary and potentially political in nature. Don't forget to delete search engine cookies which may also give away your location to the search engine, which may be programmed to censor results based upon location of the requesting node.

Reply to
Cynic