Plagarism

Yes, but they didn't copy the stuff that made the Sud an enduring classic like inboard brakes, funny flat engine and the rust protection guarantee, did they?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Nothing funny about a flat engine - technically it's by far the best way to make a 4-pot. Totally unique sound not like all the buzzy / droning inline 4s. Inboard discs are a PITA to work on, but help out the handling. Shame no-one is innovative like that anymore.

I'd always thought of the Leon as a modern day 'Sud. Didn't realise just how close it was before I saw that pic.

Reply to
SteveH

I love the flat four thump of my WRX.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Same type as used in the chav-tastic Subaru WRX you mean?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Alright then, where's the turbo fitted on the Sud? (c:

I didn't say it wasn't any good, I just said it was funny. 2 Timing belts anyone?

My mum had a Citroen GS many years ago. It had a flat four. Anything to do with maintainence on it by all accounts actually wasn't very funny at all.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What car do you drive again Firth?

Reply to
REMUS

A big Jag and Ford Explorer iirc. So, no, he has no idea about handling ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

And a Merc, a tractor, and several other bits and pieces in the past.

Oh the stupidty of callow youth.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nah. The WRX doesn't sound like a fart in a wetsuit. And it produces power.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston