Polo aerial

Evening all

Anyone know what sort of aerial I'd need for a early 90s VW Polo hatchback? Can I buy some universal fit jobbie off ebay that'll do the job?

Cant seem to find a definate answer anywhere.

Cheers

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

They're a boggo wing aerial. You can get hella ones from GSF. Unless it's after the change. The later kind (ie, entire new bodyshape) had a beesting roof aerial like a 16V MK2 Golf's.

Reply to
Doki

It's the boxy estate looking thing.

Cheers matey

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Wing aerial then. If any of them got a roof aerial it'd have been the G40...

Reply to
Doki

Heh, I'm pretty sure it's not one of those!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yup, my G40 has a roof aerial..... and a rubber bung where the wing aerial would have been fitted!

I assume VW were too tight to use a seperate pressing for G40 wings without the aerial hole, so just fitted a bung instead.

As others have said, the standard wing aerial isn't anything special, any bog standard one should fit OK.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Exactly the same as the MK2 Golf 16V.

Reply to
Doki

I didn't know there were 2 G40 owners on urcm.

Reply to
Depresion

In news:45b66aae$0$32021$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Doki wittered on forthwith;

The Hella ones cost £5.41 retail. Two guesses who's got to fit a new wing aerial to his Golf.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ep8778$l7a$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Sweet. I guess I'll be going down to GSF on saturday then!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

When I was looking for G40s I didn't appreciate there were two still left! :-)

At the time, nobody was selling...

Reply to
DervMan